My Ryedale is "down", so I ordered 10 boxes of halves

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
My Ryedale is "down", so I ordered 10 boxes of halves

They won't be in until different days in the next week, starting tomorrow with the first two. But, I"ll plow through some halves while I wait for a part from Andy to come to fix my Ryedale. Hopefully find something silver while I wait. ;D

It's not a problem, as all machines need repairs from time to time, and i love my Ryedale!! So let's see what halves do while I wait, and when I get my machine fixed I'll go back to pennies.

My copper hoard is gettting large though. It weighs almost as much as my truck now! (Literally). I need the price of copper to go up some so I can sell some off and get some space. My garage is starting to lean to one side. :D If I can get $100 for a $50 bag again soon I'll take that on a portion and lower my inventory. In the meantime, I'll keep adding to it, and start on the other side of the garage, to balance it out. My wheats keep adding up too with the Ryedale. Hopefully I'll get my replacement part soon from Andy. :-)

Upvote 0

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500
Re: My Ryedale is "down", so I ordered 10 boxes of halves

hey i have a rydale too. i have the coin artist. just wondering what part was giving you trouble? the only problem i have had so far is been with jams. they are mostly caused from gritty or sticky pennies that fall out of the feeder and get stuck. i have had some problems up top too with 2 pennies trying to go through the spinner at the same time. other than that i have had no problems at all. i love my machine too. wish they made one that would seperate silver dimes from clad

Cherryman68

Feb 19, 2009
Henderson Tx
Detector(s) used
Whites IV

Man I hate to hear that. You should just give me yours and get a new one so you don't have that problem again :P

bourassa5

Nov 8, 2008

HeresWHere's the best place to sell the copper, is there a market out there for copper penies?

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro

Try some dimes if you can too. :icon_thumright: As for copper going up. I think we might have to wait a little while for PM to increase but when it goes up it will sky rocket I think. Good luck with your halves.

Golden Silver

OP
OP
jrf30

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!

silvercop said:
hey i have a rydale too. i have the coin artist. just wondering what part was giving you trouble? the only problem i have had so far is been with jams. they are mostly caused from gritty or sticky pennies that fall out of the feeder and get stuck. i have had some problems up top too with 2 pennies trying to go through the spinner at the same time. other than that i have had no problems at all. i love my machine too. wish they made one that would seperate silver dimes from clad

It is the same issues you have, but mine got worse recently. Where two pennies try to go through at once and they stop the disc from spinning around. Apparantly that is caused by the coin hopper (The big funnel part) wearing down and letting the disc move some. That allows it to lift on the bottom side, and then two penneis wedge in there at once. So that jams it up.

I too have "regular" jams from time to time, like on the slide or at the discriminator. One coin catches another on the way down. That normally occurs when I am getting close to needing to clean it. But this new issue is bad enough that I can't feed hardly any coins at all, and so I am replacing the coin hopper in the hopes that it stops wedging pennies on me. I already have a new disc that I replaced, and that didn't fix it. The disc still has too much wiggle room to move around and allow the two coins in at once.

Don't ya hate a wedgied penny? LOL

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread