Cache withdrawl from the bank

rwsnc

Jun 30, 2007
Raleigh, NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 705, Minelab Xterra 70, Compass Relic Magnum 7a, Compass Coin Magnum, Garrett AT Pro (Sold)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was talking to the branch manager of the place where I do my banking and I had asked her if she ever got any old coins.

She told me that she gets some in occasionally, so I asked her if she would hold them for me and give me a call if she
gets anymore in. She called me yesterday..... 62 silver quarters. This is way easier than metal detecting in the heat. The bank is air conditioned.

DSC_0188.jpg

Upvote 0
OP
OP
rwsnc

rwsnc

Jun 30, 2007
Raleigh, NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 705, Minelab Xterra 70, Compass Relic Magnum 7a, Compass Coin Magnum, Garrett AT Pro (Sold)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yeah... It would probably take me the rest of my life to find that many silver quarters.

B|lker

Apr 3, 2006
Raleigh, NC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 And
Garret AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I give you an A-plus for ingenuity. :headbang:

And a pat on the back for the great find. :thumbsup:

Did she supply you with any other old coins?

OP
OP
rwsnc

rwsnc

Jun 30, 2007
Raleigh, NC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
B|lker said:
I give you an A-plus for ingenuity. :headbang:

And a pat on the back for the great find. :thumbsup:

Did she supply you with any other old coins?

As a matter of fact, a couple weeks ago, she gave me a steel penny. She said the quarters were "very old". As I recall there's a 1934 and a 1935 in the mix, but they're barely in "Good" shape.

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500
i have tried that at all the banks in my area, usually there is one teller that culls it all for him (her)self :'( :'( congrats on your find though, i hardly ever find a silver quarter in the wild

OP
OP
rwsnc

rwsnc

Jun 30, 2007
Raleigh, NC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks. When she told me they were "Very Old".. I had visions of a pile of Standing Liberty or Barber quarters.

OP
OP
rwsnc

rwsnc

Jun 30, 2007
Raleigh, NC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Fistfulladirt said:
Nice! You owe her a lunch delivered!

At least...

dp2013

Sep 11, 2008
I've tried your trick at 6 branches in the past couple of years. All I've managed to do is to make 6 new silver collectors. :-\

OP
OP
rwsnc

rwsnc

Jun 30, 2007
Raleigh, NC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
dp2013 said:
I've tried your trick at 6 branches in the past couple of years. All I've managed to do is to make 6 new silver collectors. :-\

I'm a little afraid of that, myself. I didn't mention anything about worth. I just told her that I like the older silver coins and if they got into the wrong hands they'd probably be melted down and end up as a bracelet on someone's wrist. :dontknow:

Cherryman68

Feb 19, 2009
Henderson Tx
Detector(s) used
Whites IV
rwsnc said:
dp2013 said:

I'm a little afraid of that, myself. I didn't mention anything about worth. I just told her that I like the older silver coins and if they got into the wrong hands they'd probably be melted down and end up as a bracelet on someone's wrist. :dontknow:

I'm adding that phrase to my list of stolen CRH lies...I mean misdirections....

OP
OP
rwsnc

rwsnc

Jun 30, 2007
Raleigh, NC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Cherryman68 said:
rwsnc said:
dp2013 said:

I'm adding that phrase to my list of stolen CRH lies...I mean misdirections....

:laughing7: ;D :laughing7:

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweeeeeeeeeeeeet!!!!!! Nice work.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread