OP
silvercop

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500
thought for sure someone was here from there. i will be going down tuesday-friday and plan on hitting some banks there, also going to take my md out on the beach (if it is permitted) that was another question i had for someone from the area.

Yinzi50

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe you should focus on MD. I went to there for vaction this spring and went to one bank, the teller told me that I was the 6th customer asking for halves in the same day. So I just gave up and spent all my time on the beach.

coolpix9

Bronze Member
Jan 17, 2007
Primary Interest:
Other
Maybe you could spend some phone time before using all that $2.50 gas. When you get holed up, take out your trusty google list of banks and start calling. If you get nothing but nos, try another area but pretty soon you will find a pocket of coins. If the weather cooperates, spend some time on the beach MDing. There are some other areas of this forum that specialize in shallow water or beach hunting. Good Luck, Jim

OP
OP
silvercop

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500
thanks for the information. with all the tourist that go through there i kind of thought the banks would be worked by someone. i have also heard stories about some beaches cracking down on md, but i was not sure if pc beach was one of them. another problem i was going to ask about was if there was any banks in the area that anyone knew about that had free coin machines. i will be taking a limited supply of cash with me and if i get a few hundred in clad i will have to dump someplace in order to continue, would like to avoid coinstar and fees if possible

OP
OP
silvercop

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500
well i got back today from panama city beach. i spent one day coin roll hunting. not one silver half was found :icon_scratch: :icon_scratch:i did however get 211.00 worth of clad, so i will have something to put in the bags when i do find silver from my boxes to dump at the bank. someone has got to be working that area. i went to 28 banks. one bank had 105.00 worth (got to be someone's dumps) and most of the others had at least a few dollars worth. i was very amazed at how friendly all the tellers were. not once did i get the question "do you have an account here?" and the f bomb was not dropped either. guess they are used to alot of out of towners being a beach and all. wish all the banks were like that. one teller even took the time to call 4 branch banks and check for me. i am not used to getting that kind of service. it was nice even though i did not get any silver. one telller did give me 2 canvas bags though. i thought that was nice too.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread