Has this ever happened to you?

Ju8vP3t

Got a certified letter yesterday from a "Dump" bank stating they're closing my account, no reason given, only a reference to "Account Holders Agreement", of course if I had to guess, it's because I use them to dump, and too, I've had the account with them for 7 or 8 years, although I'm relatively new to CRH, I've been using them along with other banks to dump for about 2 years,oh well, such is life :dontknow:, in the begining, the management was very friendly, but over the course, people quit, moved on, faces changed, and the crew in there now is passive hostile, I remember last year, I asked a teller, who delivers for you? Brinks? and she said "Oh, I can't discuss that", :laughing7: ...Uhmmm..OK, but I thought, all you'd have to do is look in the parking lot for the truck every morning, but the next time I came in, while waiting for the teller, I was approached by, maybe the asst. manager, you could immediately pick up that she was a very sour person,(in fact, this was the person I returned $40 too, that the ATM had errantly disbursed to me one time, and may I add the last thing that she said, and in a hurried fashion, was "thanks") she started asking me why I wanted to know what courier they used, etc...made me feel uncomfortable, people like that can be dangerous, so I'm almost sure she was behind the closing of my account, be that as it may, I'd rather not have an account with 'em, I think it's always best to avoid these types if at all possible, it is disgusting though..

Upvote 0

Cherryman68

Feb 19, 2009
Henderson Tx
Detector(s) used
Whites IV
Man I don't know, I guess its the rebel in me but I would never stand for that.

If they came to me and explained their situation, what ever it is I would make considerations and maybe turn them into a supply bank instead of a dump bank that way everyone is happy, but if they just closed my account I would have a fit.

Everyone has a boss and a cool head and simple explanation will win every time.

I would request a meeting with the bank or district or regional manager and explain that you have been a customer there for a long time and ask why your account was canceled with out notice. I would also make them show you any policy they say is the reason they closed your account.

If you feel they are giving you the run around and you get know where let the district or regional manager know that you feel like you were wronged and you will be requesting an investigation from the FDIC.

Do it nicely and I think you will come out ahead.
Now at this point you should get whatever you want. Unlimited dumps or pickups.

If you need help contacting the FDIC let me know. Trust me there is only one thing that will frighten a bank and that's the FDIC

minton7

Mar 28, 2007
south central ohio
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT
I had major probs with a bank cherry.. did all that .. I spoke the the manager over this entire state.. she told me I could do whateve I wanted to do... account was still closed.....finally i figured it wasnt worth my efforts, so I moved on.. I would try to go to another branch and open an account with this bank though to see if they blackballed him

OP
OP
Ju8vP3t

Ju8vP3t

Well of course Cherry, that's anyone's initial reaction, and of course I thought about it too, I actually called the main branch and spoke with whoever answers the phone and inquired about the my account being closed, she said there wasn't much they could do since it (the closing of my account) came from a supervisor, meaning the branch manager, I could go to the main office and register a complaint, I'm thinking more than likely they would side with the branch manager, now if I were a big account holder, it may be different, but some joe-schmo, I don't think they're too concerned, bottom line for me, it's a hostile environment, and I'd rather just move on instead of being confrontational with 'em...bottom line: it was a sleezy underhanded thing to do

Cherryman68

Feb 19, 2009
Henderson Tx
Detector(s) used
Whites IV
Ju8vP3t said:
Well of course Cherry, that's anyone's initial reaction, and of course I thought about it too, I actually called the main branch and spoke with whoever answers the phone and inquired about the my account being closed, she said there wasn't much they could do since it (the closing of my account) came from a supervisor, meaning the branch manager, I could go to the main office and register a complaint, I'm thinking more than likely they would side with the branch manager, now if I were a big account holder, it may be different, but some joe-schmo, I don't think they're too concerned, bottom line for me, it's a hostile environment, and I'd rather just move on instead of being confrontational with 'em...bottom line: it was a sleezy underhanded thing to do

I know and I'm usually as passive as they come but when a business treats a customer, ANY customer like that it boils my blood. I mean I can be down right evil if I want. I helped one of my customers get their bank shut down because of the way they were treating her. unknowingly when she called in the FDIC they audited her account and there was over 100K "unaccounted for"

TxTim

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2007
Texas
Detector(s) used
DFX & SE
Don't worry about it- just head to the Staples Arena and enjoy the show today. :laughing9:

FL Junkman

Feb 13, 2008
Florida
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70 and Silver U-Max
Yeah, some of these bank people are full of themselves. I was in a BOA branch about a month ago and ordered some halves. Asked the lady when they would be in? No reason other than to be sure I was available to pick them up when they came in and not inconvenience the branch. This lady, and I use the word loosely, proceeed to lecture me about that being information they could not share with customers for security reasons??? Duh, if I really wanted to know when deliveries were made, it's called casing the parking lot!!!! Anyway, I was polite and just left. I found out later that this person once was a manager but had been demoted to the position of assistant manager. boy, was she eat up with personality. I suggested she should be working for a PR firm!!! Unfortunately the world is made up of some of these people also. HH

FL Junkman

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TXTim said:
just head to the Staples Arena and enjoy the show today.
:tongue3: ;D

No the circus starts tomorrow. As they roll the clown out one door the elephants come in the other :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Ju8vP3t

Ju8vP3t

Cherryman68 said:
Ju8vP3t said:

I know and I'm usually as passive as they come but when a business treats a customer, ANY customer like that it boils my blood. I mean I can be down right evil if I want. I helped one of my customers get their bank shut down because of the way they were treating her. unknowingly when she called in the FDIC they audited her account and there was over 100K "unaccounted for"

I absolutely agree Cherry, that's what I feel like doing, think about it; you've had an account with a bank for 7 or 8 years, albeit, you're not a huge profit-making machine for the bank, but how many accounts are? ...and then one day out of the blue you get a letter stating "we're closing your account" no reason given, I think anyone would be scratching their head wondering why? as I've stated before, my gut feeling is this one individual got it in her small mind to do this, I just remembered a comment she made some time ago, the day I returned the $40 the ATM over-paid me, at the time I had a $1000 limit on daily ATM cash withdrawals, when I told her that, she became very surprised that anyone had that much of a daily cash WD limit, the following week when I tried to WD $1000 from the ATM, it wouldn't go through, someone had changed the parameters on my account, so I made written request to increase the limit back to $1000 daily, and they did; so I'm thinking all these little things finally added up, and challenged her control, and she blew a fuse, anyway I'm finished with 'em, but I did want to know if any of yoose other guys have had something similiar happen....Rant Over...lol :laughing7: and thanks for a' listenin' :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Ju8vP3t

Ju8vP3t

Just thought I'd post a follow up on this issue, I went to the main branch today to see if I could get an explanation as to why the bank "out of the blue" closed my account I'd had with them for 8 years, as expected, the response was, no response, after asking the branch manager "why?" ...her response was she didn't have an explanation :dontknow:, of course, that's not true, be that as it may, we'll just move on, it's funny too, the person helping me initially, very nice, told me she'd been with the bank 2 years, so I asked her how many accounts have been closed like this that she was aware of, her answer "none: :o, so, this is my opinion, individuals at the bank I'd take dumps too, didn't like it, so they closed the account, a truly disgusting attitude

QuickDraw22

Jul 13, 2009
Future Millionaire
Did you get the money back that you had in your account??

Down here, they have a $50 minimum to open a savings account......... Good thing we run thousands of dollars through their banks/change machines :laughing7:

DAVE

OP
OP
Ju8vP3t

Ju8vP3t

Oh yea, that's one of the reason I took the time to go to the main branch, to make sure I got my $$$$'s, there was a small disclaimer at the bottom of the letter I received that said " Please note that if the cashiers check is lost, you will have to obtain an Indemnity Bond on said Cashier's check", after reading that, I wouldn't put it past these people to claim they mailed it but somehow it got "Lost" and never receive it....terrible thing for a bank to loose credibility..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread