This weeks attempts

kurtma12

Apr 19, 2009
Georgia
So, I stopped my box orders of $2000-3000 per week in halves. I know I didn't give it very much time, but short of ordering $10,000 per week to meet the volume it might take to score big out of Brinks boxes, i figured I would just do loose and handroll searching for a while. Good ratios compared to box hunting yesterday. got 2 - 40% out of $56 in loose/rolled. So I am happy with that. i also did a very small penny sampling just to get an idea of Brinks pennies I can get from my bank. 5 rolls produced 35 copper including 1 - 1944 wheat. 14% copper seems to be close to average, however, I have to say you penny searchers must be a different breed. Where would I sell the non wheat copper pennies? I checked webuypennies.com but it only says wheat pennies. Has anyone been able to sell just copper? Where should I go if I CRH'd pennies and accumulated a lot of them? Thanks!

Upvote 0

d2arcing

Bronze Member
Jun 22, 2009
there is a little profit for copper on ebay, but not much as i think it is more for saving for the future then really selling for profit right now...

Emperor Findus Cladius

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2004
TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision/V3 Spectra, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The only time you will be able to find a market is when the price of copper gets up there. Then you will find buyers, otherwise not much of a market.

quick-silver

Feb 26, 2009
NY
another forum, realcent.forumco.com, has plenty of people that will buy copper pennies, but it is more a long term investment than anything

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions