Filled a hole in my Dansco

Silver Stripe

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2007
USA
Not very often do I get to add a half to my Kennedy folder since all I need are about half of the silver proofs and the '08S and '09S clads. But tonight I got the 1994S silver proof, this makes the 6th different one. The last two I got were duplicates. Here's a couple pics.
HH all, Mark
94silverproof001-1.jpg

94silverproof003.jpg

Upvote 0

Yinzi50

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice :headbang:

I am almost in the same situation; I need 3 clad proofs and a bunch of silver proofs; I gave in and bought 2000-2008 silver proofs.

thurmownator

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
Nicely done there SS; and at just over 785K minted, it is also one of the scarcer Kennedys.

Kudos !

OP
OP
Silver Stripe

Silver Stripe

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2007
USA
Yinzi50 said:

I am almost in the same situation; I need 3 clad proofs and a bunch of silver proofs; I gave in and bought 2000-2008 silver proofs.
I'm surprised at you, no faith in the system LOL. I figure when I complete the books from CRH the game is over, wonder how many duplicate silver proofs that will take haha. The one I really want to fill is my Franklin book- I have needed only the dreaded '55 for over a year now. I have no dilusions about my Walker book but it is fun to upgrade coins on rare occasions and fill a hole on rarer ones.
I was at the coin show a couple weeks ago and every table had my '55, I told one guy that is the only spot left in my book to fill but I refuse to buy it. He gave me the funniest look like "How else are you going to get one", I just laughed and walked on as most of the coins in my book are alot nicer than ones he was trying to sell "MS", mint state my a$$. HH all, the game is still on. Mark

DrDetector

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT
Congrats to you Mark, that is a really inspiring goal that I as well originally had set out to accomplish. I'm still sitting on only one of the recent silver proofs found though so I am much further behind you, plus I'm missing some of the clad proofs as well. Congrats again.

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way to go SS. It is always exciting to fill a slot. I know your hardcore and want to fill it only from CRH'ing which will be one heck of an accomplishment once you have it complete. Hats off to you buddy!! :notworthy:

I wish you all the luck......actually, you don't need luck.......it's a piece of cake for you....lol. Keep em coming........

Yinzi50

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Silver Stripe said:
Yinzi50 said:

I'm surprised at you, no faith in the system LOL. I figure when I complete the books from CRH the game is over, wonder how many duplicate silver proofs that will take haha. The one I really want to fill is my Franklin book- I have needed only the dreaded '55 for over a year now. I have no dilusions about my Walker book but it is fun to upgrade coins on rare occasions and fill a hole on rarer ones.
I was at the coin show a couple weeks ago and every table had my '55, I told one guy that is the only spot left in my book to fill but I refuse to buy it. He gave me the funniest look like "How else are you going to get one", I just laughed and walked on as most of the coins in my book are alot nicer than ones he was trying to sell "MS", mint state my a$$. HH all, the game is still on. Mark

I know! Guilty four times already. :-[ First, bought a 1987P thought I would never find one; Now I found 11X1987P; then bought a 1970D; now I found 3x70D; then 1976S silver proof but have not found one yet; I still think that I would never find all the new silver proofs (92 to 09) in time. So far I only found 3 (96,98,00) of the 17; It might take another 20 years to finish but then there are 20 more silver proofs coming out.

I will stick to CRH for my Franklin set; Just 7 more to go. I promise!

I won't even dream about finishing my Walker from CRH; I am buying as I am CRHing; I love the reverse (IMO the best reverse of all US coins) so much that I must complete a set.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread