Is it me?

47thelement

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did somebody open the flood gates! Where did everybody come from? It's not that you are not welcome here, It's just seems like there are about a dozen new posters this week.

To all the newbies...

Welcome! Happy Hunting. You will never be able to pull down LJ type numbers. Read the thread pinned to top. Most importantly,as soon as you can, EVEN IF YOU HAVE TO PAY FOR IT, get yourslf a copy of MOJO's 10 Commandments of CRHing. This is considered must reading!

Remeber this is a hobby and not an addiction...

can somebody help me get my tongue out of my cheek!

Upvote 0

Kantuckkeean

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2009
Cornfield, IN
Detector(s) used
F-22, cheapo pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Mr. Piercesdad,

Thanks for the warm welcome. I'm just a piker. Not a threat. I'll CRH randomly for halves, probably never buy a box. The idea intrigued me so I thought I'd give it a spin and my wife and I thought it'd be easy, since we got 2 - 1964's and 6 - 40%ers our first day out of $55.00 in loose halves. I got squadoosh the next after visiting oh.....about a dozen or so banks. I'll probably never even buy a box, so your precious Barbers, Walkers, Bens, and JFKs are safe from me. We'll likely just sell our 8-deep hoard and retire now in Cancun.

Kindest regards,
Kantuck

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500
seen alot of new guys too. everyone that is new here should read the thread pinned to the top of the board. it will save you alot of trouble trying to find the ins and outs all on your own...and oh if you break a CRH rule the CRH police will get you!!!LOL just kidding but they will scold you though.
from all the other hobbies i have tried in an attempt to get silver this has got to be the easiest, but be prepared for the ups and downs, the rude tellers, banks that just want you to go away, and more and more competition in your area(s). when i first got into this i dreamed of making a sideline job out of it for me and the wife, but if you are doing it to make money you will be quickly disappointed, (unless you have the luck of LJ) you got to be in it for the long haul. well did not mean to ramble again, welcome new members

krumb

Mar 3, 2005
WA
Lol, I think I would be considered a new poster, but I've been a lurker for years. I've browsed the forums a lot as it is of a lot of interest.

OP
OP
47thelement

47thelement

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
P diddy's been here forever...

Yeah maybe if I didn't spend so much time here and at banks I could give that boy a bath.

Don't get wrong...I enjoy everybody, and all are welcome.

joad

Apr 15, 2009
East Coast
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
I've been metal detecting for years, but don't have much time for that right now. This fits into my daily routine much better...on the road around a large metropolitan area all day...driving by hundreds of banks each day. Worked out pretty well so far.

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
I agree Pdiddy. Many new faces and names around here. Sign of the times. I even notice the tellers are catching on more and more and asking more and more questions.

Golden Silver

d2arcing

Bronze Member
Jun 22, 2009
nope just you, jk

it is an addiction, quit my others for this shit... at least it is free unless tons of shortages/foreigns

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread