The past few days totals.

joad

Apr 15, 2009
East Coast
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Took the kids out Sat. morning. Hit a few local small town banks I hadn't been to before. Only one had any halves. Teller brings out $280 in hand rolled and is ready to hand them over when I get the "do you have an account here?" At this point I have to lie, since the coins are starring at me. She trys to find "my" account, then I tell her I just opened it the other day and she says oh its probably not in the system yet and hands over the loot. I'm sure my face was red as a beet! Probably won't try that again. Did pull 11 40% 2 90% and a '62 Franklin. I guess I should just open an account since they have 7 or 8 branches scattered around the county in small towns. I should've known better since a branch a mile from my house won't give up the halves they have without an account. They told me the have several hundred $$. Today went thru 2 boxes and netted 7 40% and 4 90%. Also tried a dime box today and was skunked.

Upvote 0

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500
hey thanks for the idea, i have not tried that one. i was always afraid they would look. think iwill let them do a little looking and then say what you did.

OP
OP
joad

joad

Apr 15, 2009
East Coast
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
silvercop said:
hey thanks for the idea, i have not tried that one. i was always afraid they would look. think iwill let them do a little looking and then say what you did.
This is the first time someone actually looked. They usually just say ok and don't check.

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500
when i get the question as of lately i usually reply something like 'Well if this bank took bail out money it made everyone a customer"

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
Since most banks let you open a savings account for under 100 bucks, you're crazy for not doing it if these banks have good amounts of halves on a regular basis.

Not that it would ever come to this, but it could be said that acquiring goods or services thru deception equals fraud. Why take such risks?

Jim

OP
OP
joad

joad

Apr 15, 2009
East Coast
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
jim4silver said:
Since most banks let you open a savings account for under 100 bucks, you're crazy for not doing it if these banks have good amounts of halves on a regular basis.

Not that it would ever come to this, but it could be said that acquiring goods or services thru deception equals fraud. Why take such risks?

Jim

I have already opened 4 new accounts since starting this hobby. Not all banks have no fee accounts. I'm still shopping around for a few more banks and will most likely open an account at that particular bank.

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
I hate to lie. Just don't like to. But in the banks I've told some whoppers,with a straight face.

Mentone Grizz

Jul 27, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro
As piercesdad pointed out on the 16th of this month:

"B of A paying for dumps program...
Posted Jul 16, 2009, 08:30:35 AM Quote
Well not exactly but, they are giving away $75 to open a new checken acct. all you have to do is make 2 debit card purchases within 1st 30 days and have an opening deposit of $250.00.
Gee I think most of us can handle that."

I had a savings at BofA, but no checking account. This qualified me for the $75. The bank will throw in another $25 if you make two online payments from the new account. That is $100 in FREE MONEY!! We CRH'ers can recognize the benefits of that, especially when we can use the new account(s) to buy or dump coin.

This is highly recommended!! I think the program will go until the end of July.

- Grizz

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro
Mentone Grizz said:
As piercesdad pointed out on the 16th of this month:

"B of A paying for dumps program...
Posted Jul 16, 2009, 08:30:35 AM Quote
Well not exactly but, they are giving away $75 to open a new checken acct. all you have to do is make 2 debit card purchases within 1st 30 days and have an opening deposit of $250.00.
Gee I think most of us can handle that."

I had a savings at BofA, but no checking account. This qualified me for the $75. The bank will throw in another $25 if you make two online payments from the new account. That is $100 in FREE MONEY!! We CRH'ers can recognize the benefits of that, especially when we can use the new account(s) to buy or dump coin.

This is highly recommended!! I think the program will go until the end of July.

- Grizz

Is this nation wide @ B of A, and what is the minimum balance on account?

Mentone Grizz

Jul 27, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Obediah;
Opening balance of $250 minimum. To qualify for the $75, you have to make one (at least in my case) debit card purchase within 30 days of opening the account. Easy enough.
To qualify for the $25 additional bonus, you make two online bill payments within 30 days of opening the account.
With so many branches across the country, BofA makes a great resouce.
- Grizz

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread