The Answer

mistergee

Silver Member
Jan 8, 2008
Pennsylvania
o.k......i think i have it figured out.....bare with me.....
Once while visiting a nearby state, i stumbled upon a few elder CRHers who have since retired from the hobby. When asked why they chose to all leave the hobby they told me a story which was passed down to them from fellow CRHers long since past.
A long, long time ago.... when CRH was still in its infancy..a woman was introduced to the ways of CRH by founding members. They called her LJ.Her abilities began to grow swiftly...she found her love of silver growing strong. So much so that it began to consume her every waking moment....yet she found that with the passing of time, her finds were getting smaller and smaller. this was not enough to slake her ever growing thirst for silver. So LJ made a pact with the Silver Gods. In return for her soul, LJ was given special powers. By merely passing her hands over the names of banks in the phone book she can see directly into each banks vault and teller trays and see which ones have silver and which ones don't.
Not only was she able to search hundreds of banks in mere seconds, she found she was also able to draw some silver from surrounding areas into her area. yet she was only able to do this to a small degree.
LJ was beginning to notice something happening to her. The more she used her powers the better she felt. Better yet, the more she used them the better she LOOKED. LJ had discovered a side effect to her powers. She was no longer aging.(hence her avatar where she looks 20,even though she was 43 at the time) Even with the drawn in silver, it still wasn't enough. LJ knew she would need help. Not only to feed her hunger for silver but now to keep her young forever.Someone unknowing who she could train and use thier power to help feed her ever growing hunger.
Enter Fiddycent......(this wasn't always his name... his real name has long since been forgotten)....Her brother-in-law. Being naieve and innocent ( a virgin, so to speak) to the ways of silver hunting, he was the perfect specimen. She molded poor Fiddy into a silver hunting machine by first seeding rolls of half dollars with numerous 40%ers and then 90%ers. Then with her aforementioned power, she would send him to banks she knew held many silver halfs.She could see his hunger growing. As he grew stronger, LJ grew stronger too. She was now able to pull silver into her area from much farther away. yet it still wasn't enough. She needed more.
LJ knew Fiddy had grown powerful under her tutalage(sic).She also knew that there was no turning back for poor old Fiddy. So she tricked him into selling his soul also. Now together they were able to combine thier powers to create a sort of silver tornado which spun endlessly, pulling silver from several surrounding states, increasing thier finds exponentially while fellow (mere mortal)CRHers watched as thier finds were getting smaller . Some point to one CRHer who lived in a nearby state as an example....this poor guy watched as his finds trickled to a stop. Last count he was on a 50 box skunk streak ....noone has heard from him since.
Some say they depleted all silver resources from all 50 states and disappeared to the heavens.....some say they never left, that they were merely biding thier time until the resources replenish themselves.....
ME?........i believe.....

Upvote 0

Cherryman68

Feb 19, 2009
Henderson Tx
Detector(s) used
Whites IV
The mystery is solved. Thank you for doing the research and it was good knowing you.

We all know the silver gods will now take you since you have revealed the secrets of the LJ to the world.

It's a shame to you are such a nice guy....

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro
Is there any counter measures we can conjour up- where is a good wizard, if there could be such a thing as a GOOD wizard I know not, but we must at least try- search across the lands, forest rivers & divides for such a one to rescue us form our empty Silver mines; who is capable- willing to enter the impenatrable forest without a guide to save us?

P.s. LJ sure is purtty for 43, that can & must say; maybe she will have mercy upon me. My Skunks have been so mournful & consistent- I despair of pulling into my own Banks parking lot(s).

47thelement

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think I remember the Title of this song...

ME?........i believe.....

I think it is

LJ got run over by a Brinks Truck
Walkin' home from the Bank the other Day....

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500
misterg you got way too much time on your hands LOL hey that story might do good as a comic book adventure, can you draw?

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am very impressed Mr. G!!! Are you the writer for the Harry Potter movies? How long did it take you to come up with this little story?

I wish it was as easy as passing my hand over the bank names in the phone book.....ha! Now that would be cool. Your something else Mr. G.

You, like Mentone Grizz and his lyrics, with your short stories.....may be on to something here. You should think about it.....you may be so successful that you won't have time to chase silver.

Well done.......... :notworthy: :notworthy:

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
LJ said:
You, like Mentone Grizz and his lyrics, with your short stories.....may be on to something here. You should think about it.....you may be so successful that you won't have time to chase silver.

Well done.......... :notworthy: :notworthy:

Perhaps they can collaborate and produce a Broadway musical. ?

Mojo

OP
OP
mistergee

mistergee

Silver Member
Jan 8, 2008
Pennsylvania
[quoteThe mystery is solved. Thank you for doing the research and it was good knowing you.

We all know the silver gods will now take you since you have revealed the secrets of the LJ to the world.

It's a shame to you are such a nice guy][/quote]
DARN....i didn't think of that :help:
:laughing7:
[quoteIs there any counter measures we can conjour up- where is a good wizard, if there could be such a thing as a GOOD wizard I know not, but we must at least try- search across the lands, forest rivers & divides for such a one to rescue us form our empty Silver mines; who is capable- willing to enter the impenatrable forest without a guide to save us?
][/quote]
HMMMMM....you may be onto something here :icon_scratch: i'll do a little research :read2:
maybe a part 2 to this story.......
LJ got run over by a Brinks Truck
Walkin' home from the Bank the other Day....
thanks PD....at least now i know i won't be alone when the Gods come get me.
You should omit the (for 43) part of the comment
LJ won't mind....she's the one who told all of us.

OP
OP
mistergee

mistergee

Silver Member
Jan 8, 2008
Pennsylvania
I hope I look like that when I am 43.....well you know what I mean.
*sigh*....yeah....i know what you mean
Good story, i feel enlightened! Where can I sell my soul.
;D
misterg you got way too much time on your hands LOL hey that story might do good as a comic book adventure, can you draw?
don't i wish.....i can't draw a straight line to save my life. its funny you should say that. right after i wrote it, i thought WOW this would make a really cool comic :thumbsup:

OP
OP
mistergee

mistergee

Silver Member
Jan 8, 2008
Pennsylvania
I am very impressed Mr. G!!! Are you the writer for the Harry Potter movies? How long did it take you to come up with this little story?

I wish it was as easy as passing my hand over the bank names in the phone book.....ha! Now that would be cool. Your something else Mr. G.

Well done..........
thank you LJ....it started out as a reply to one of your posts.i remember thinking....how does she do it? always posting lots of finds.....finding a hoard when everyone else is finding 1 or 2? does she have magical powers or something :icon_scratch: thats when it all clicked and then it kinda wrote itself.even after i was done and driving home i kept thinking of things i should have added.perhaps i'll write an extended version one day. i guess having an overactive imagination doesn't hurt.it took me maybe an hour with corrections and some editing.
believe it or not i have been told that before......at least twice....once when i wrote a journal for our hunting camp describing our adventures in the woods and another one i wrote a long time ago...some short childrens story i can't even remember now. who knows maybe "the Answer"(have to think of a better name) will be my introduction into the literary world. boy are they in for a surprise when they get a load of me. :laughing7:

OP
OP
mistergee

mistergee

Silver Member
Jan 8, 2008
Pennsylvania
HMMMM....you guys may be onto something here....Griz ...we gotta talk ;D

P.S....sorry for 3 posts in a row but the message box jumping when i get to the bottom is really distracting and annoying so i tried to do several posts without getting having to deal with it.

Mentone Grizz

Jul 27, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro
mistergee;
I'm ON it!! "Silver Queen", the musical!!!
I envision something on a grand scale; in the style of Andrew Lloyd Weber.
Elton John has already committed to help with the music scores (Abba may contribute as well).
Already have several in the can:

"Can You Peel The Rolls Tonight" (Elton John Version)
"I Just Can't Wait To Be Queen!"
"Yanker For Life"
"The Winner Takes It All"
"Silver, Silver, Silver"
"I Have A Pile"
"Stacks Upon My Table"
And, of course, "Silver Queen".

It will be a sensation, I tell you!!
- Grizz

Cherryman68

Feb 19, 2009
Henderson Tx
Detector(s) used
Whites IV
Mentone Grizz said:
mistergee;
Elton John has already committed to help with the music scores (Abba may contribute as well).

"Yanker For Life"
"Silver, Silver, Silver"
"I Have A Pile"
"Stacks Upon My Table"

- Grizz

:notworthy: :laughing9: :headbang: :hello2: :laughing7:

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mistergee said:
HMMMM....you guys may be onto something here....Griz ...we gotta talk ;D

P.S....sorry for 3 posts in a row but the message box jumping when i get to the bottom is really distracting and annoying so i tried to do several posts without getting having to deal with it.

My computer does the same thing when I get to the bottom. At first I thought it was a glitch on my end. I hope it is resolved soon.

Kantuckkeean

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2009
Cornfield, IN
Detector(s) used
F-22, cheapo pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all,

Mine's been jumping too. I did try a "copy-paste" from MS Word with a small post, and it came out on here with the same font and pitch as my ususal posts, to it changes automatically to the default. You can type your whole post in Word including the photo attachment stuff then just copy and paste it here.

Kindest regards,
Kantuck

OP
OP
mistergee

mistergee

Silver Member
Jan 8, 2008
Pennsylvania

"Yanker For Life"
"Silver, Silver, Silver"
"I Have A Pile"
"Stacks Upon My Table"

- Grizz

;D we're gonna be rich :wink:

I sick I'm gonna be sick with all this balderdash about LJ. - coincrazed

hang in there ,my man, your gonna be ok :thumbsup:

thanks for the info Kantuck...that makes it much easier.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread