Found the perfect dump bank....and robbed them, too!

davew0710

Oct 3, 2008
Western Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
E Trac
I went to my newest dump bank this morning to get rid of yesterday's box of halves. Unfortunately, I jammed the machine.
When the teller opened the machine, she started putting all of my halves back in my bag. I asked about the loose change lying around the outside of the coin shoot but inside the machine. She said sometime a few coins will get lost. I know my count has been off a few times. Then, she said, "might as well put the loose coins in your bag." :headbang:
As she cleaned the machine, she was taking coins out of the shoot past the sensor and putting those back in my bag too. She didn't know that these coins had already been counted!!! :hello2:
After a good cleaning, I loaded my halves back into the machine AND it jammed immediately.
By this time the manager came over to lend a hand. He decided the coin box was full and needed to be changed.
I often wondered why I never filled a bag at this bank. Now I know. All coins are just dumped into a large sealed box. This thing looks like a miniature version of the baggage wagons the airlines use to take bags to the planes.
I figure this is great! No muss no fuss. I stopped using my last dump bank because everytime I brought a box in to dump. I had to call a teller over to put on a new bag. It got to the point that the tellers were being so bothered by people that they usually keep an out of order sign on the coin sorter.
So, if you can, find a coin counter that empties into a large storage container rather than the bags. It will keep you under the tellers radar, and make for better bank relations.
So, when I cashed in, I got an extra $12.00 to $13.00. :icon_sunny:
I know I will be giving this dump bank a lot of business in the future. ;D

Upvote 0

47thelement

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
two words...kar ma

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
Thy silver gods may not look too favorably on this...but on the other hand that machine has probably ripped off so many people it deservers a little payback... :read2: I hate/love coin counting machines.

Maine_Jim

joad

Apr 15, 2009
East Coast
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
I always try to dump in the single bin machines when possible. It is a lot less hassle.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread