ima make it rain with these halves by the pound! + 1851 large cent found

Silver Sniper

Dec 17, 2008
I finally made the half dollar bag at work drop by bringing in some rejects. Went through the bag and started pulling 40%ers with each handful. next I found a 64. then i pulled something strange. a 1851 large cent valued at 20.00! a few minute later 42 walker surfaced. In the end 35 40%'s a walker and a 64, plus the large cent. mustve been counted as a half by the machine. Needles to say 100.00 worth of coin purchased for 18.50. Made more money CRHing than working as a teller! Later that day a kid came through looking for 100.00 in halves. when i asked him what he was up to he said looking for silver. i tried not to laugh in his face. Needless to say my best expedition yet.

Upvote 0

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500
when i retire (in 10yrs. 9 months) i am going to get me a teller job if any silver is still out in the wild.

Kantuckkeean

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2009
Cornfield, IN
Detector(s) used
F-22, cheapo pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wish I had job perks like that. Keep up the good work!!

Kindest regards,
Kantuck

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice job on the large cent not to mention the silver. Those large cents don't pop up very often. What kind of shape is it in?

Again, kudos SS. Well done!

mountainman 2

Bronze Member
Aug 9, 2006
Extreme Northern NJ
Detector(s) used
whites classic sl,whites surfmaster,garrett ATX,minelab vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find, can we see a picture of it? I guess it stands to reason that it's possible to pull a large cent out of a roll of halfs then.

Silver Stripe

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2007
USA
mountainman 2 said:
Nice find, can we see a picture of it? I guess it stands to reason that it's possible to pull a large cent out of a roll of halfs then.
I've pulled my share of large cents out of rolls. HH Mark

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread