All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

Yinzi50

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DrDetector said:
I have seen them [the pallets], they do exist. That is all I'm saying.

Hi, Dr, do you know how many coins in the pallet?

My guess is $10K for halves. Any comments from anyone?

DrDetector

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT
No it's more than that. I'm really not saying much as frankly my job would be on the line if I said too much. The amount should be something researchable online though I would think.

Yinzi50

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DrDetector said:
No it's more than that. I'm really not saying much as frankly my job would be on the line if I said too much. The amount should be something researchable online though I would think.

OK, I found it online so it is public information. I don't want the Secret Service to knock on my door either. The pallet should hold as much as 2.5 ton, that equals to $100K of halves. Now the question is: how many pallets of coins have you gone through?

http://www.securitypaks.com/

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
Yinzi50 said:
DrDetector said:

OK, I found it online so it is public information. I don't want the Secret Service to knock on my door either. The pallet should hold as much as 2.5 ton, that equals to $100K of halves. Now the question is: how many pallets of coins have you went through?

I have searched 15 pallets so far.

Mojo

DAS7NY

Jun 6, 2008
coinmojo said:
Yinzi50 said:
DrDetector said:

OK, I found it online so it is public information. I don't want the Secret Service to knock on my door either. The pallet should hold as much as 2.5 ton, that equals to $100K of halves. Now the question is: how many pallets of coins have you went through?

I have searched 15 pallets so far.

Mojo

Mojo, Mojo, Mojo, that's 1.5 Million Dollars! You're kidding right? :icon_scratch:

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
15 boxes a week, 52 weeks a year x 4 years = 3120 boxes x $500 = $1,560,000.00

Hmmmmm sounds about right.

I'm not even counting loose or hand rolls here. I could go through a couple of thousand on a all day road trip.

I could also run through a couple of thousand a week in Dimes, Nickles & Quarters.

OP
OP
47thelement

47thelement

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
15 boxes a week, 52 weeks a year x 4 years = 3120 boxes x $500 = $1,560,000.00

Dang Mojo No offense but that is pretty intense. This is suppose to be a hobby. :wink: :wink:

Looks like when I I get moved into my new home I'm gonna have to get organized and get my system into gear.

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Piercesdad said:
I've heard people talk about "The Pallets" at the Federal Reserve. Has anybody ever seen these legendary pallets? Are they at the Fed? Loomis? Brinks?
I have been personally taken on a tour of a local armored car company after I bought two bags of BIG dollars from them.

During the tour he pointed of the Bank of America Vault. :o Inside were pallets covered in canvas tarps. The "vault" was a chainlink fenced enclosure inside their high security truck loading area. It had a chainlink door with a padlock :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions