2009 D Nickels

packfan_1982

Jun 22, 2008
Omaha NE
Detector(s) used
F70 / ACE 250
I know there has been talk about the 2009 nickels and dimes going like crazy on ebay. My question is where are the D mint nickels? All of the auctions are for the P mint nickels. There was roughly the same amount produced at each mint... Anybody been lucky enough to find a box or even rolls of these elusive nickels? I hit up about 42 banks today in search of some dimes or nickels and ended up with 2 half boxes of log splitters. Did manage to find one bank that swore that they could order 2009 coins from the Fed and said they would order me 2 each of dime, nickel, and penny. I have my fingers crossed that they come through but I am certainly not holding my breath.

Upvote 0

DAS7NY

Jun 6, 2008
The banks tell me they can't order specifically new coins. Man you're lucky! If it works that is. Sorry but I wouldn't get my hopes up... :read2: :coffee2:

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have tried to get my hands on some boxes of the 09 dimes, pennies and nickels but I was told the same thing about not being able to guarantee an order for boxes will be the 09's when they come in.

I hope it works out for you PF. That sure would be sweet!! I am curious....keep us posted and good luck.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread