Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500
when you do search the other boxes please take alot of pics. man i don't know how you can sleep not knowing, the suspense would KILL me.

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
CONGRATULATIONS on this spectacular find. I knew there was a box like this out there, and there are probably more. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

OP
OP
mountainman 2

mountainman 2

Bronze Member
Aug 9, 2006
Extreme Northern NJ
Detector(s) used
whites classic sl,whites surfmaster,garrett ATX,minelab vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LJ said:
You might want to brace those table legs.....lol. This is totally awesome MM!!! Great pictures. Well deserved I might add.

I nominated this for the banner already. I can't see any reason it would not make it. As Tony the Tiger says....this is gggreeeeaaaaat!!
Thanks LJ and everyone else for the nomination but it's just dumb luck,you just never know what you'll find in a box. A couple of weeks ago i went thru 3 skunk brink boxes in a row and was ready to give up on Brinks altogether.I was even considering calling the bank and cancelling the order.Hope everyone here finds their dream box. HH-MM2

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500
you are very welcome mountainman. hey this beats MD'ing any day right. i bet you found more silver tonight than you have in your whole life MD'ing. wish i would have started looking this way a long time ago.

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MM.....again, CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am sure it was emotional going through that box. I can understand being worn out. I am sooo excited for ya.

I am sure you will be checking for key dates from all of the Franklin's and Walkers. Please let us know what turns up. Also the other two boxes also. I am sure you will be getting more of these Brinks boxes......ha!!

Again, kudos to you and Mrs. MM. This is what dreams are made of!!!

Also, you made the post so exciting with the play-by-play....had me sitting on the edge of my seat waiting on the next update...I loved it!!!!

CONGRATS CONGRATS CONGRATS CONGRATS CONGRATS

Yinzi50

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is absolutely awesome! Any key date in those walkers?

OP
OP
mountainman 2

mountainman 2

Bronze Member
Aug 9, 2006
Extreme Northern NJ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
silvercop said:
when you do search the other boxes please take alot of pics. man i don't know how you can sleep not knowing, the suspense would KILL me.
Silvercop, i opened the top of the other 2 boxes but didn't see anything showing.They can wait for another day,i've had my fix. :D

OP
OP
mountainman 2

mountainman 2

Bronze Member
Aug 9, 2006
Extreme Northern NJ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yinzi50 said:
This is absolutely awesome! Any key date in those walkers?
There were a lot in the teens and twenties but they were well worn for the most part. One year that sticks out for some reason, there was a lot of 1929-s in there,i'll look thru the years more carefully later on though. Thanks.

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500
the only thing i have seen that came close to this is when mr. geee found all those uncirculated ben franklin halves. i hope he sees this thread. i am just speechless. i usually reserve the following message icon for LJ only but you deserve it :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Kantuckkeean

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2009
Cornfield, IN
Detector(s) used
F-22, cheapo pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Super Dream Box from Brinks!(600 silver coins!)

CONGRATULATIONS!!! :hello2:

TxTim

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2007
Texas
Detector(s) used
DFX & SE
Holy Moly!
I will certify them for you!!!!!!!!!!!!
It's official!!

CONGRATS!!!

BANNER!

Jimmy@romega

Dec 4, 2008
rome, ga
Great job most likely a collection got turned in at a bank coin machine. I just can't imagine this slipping thru teller's tray or a vault.

silverfinder

Dec 31, 2006
Congratulations. I suspect that you received an old box, packed a number of years ago, when the price of silver was perhaps $3.00 an ounce and few were ordering boxes of half dollars. Somehow, fortuitously, this box was stored away and forgotten until now, and you received it. I believe that older boxes, or older pallets of coins containing significant numbers of silver halves, still exist, but it's anyone's guess as to how many such boxes or pallets remain. Again, congratulations. Now - what will you do with all of these silver coins? Sell or hold? And check the Walkers for key dates!

thurmownator

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
MM, I echo all that others have already stated ! That haul is one for the ages and one you'll never forget.

Much kudos, enjoy the high and we look forward the date detail.

Good luck trying to sleep tonight. 8)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread