You guys still finding "color"? Silver that is!

E

el_gral

You guys still finding "color"? Silver that is!

Hello all my fellow coin roll hunters!!!

A few years ago back in 2006 & 2007 I was big on coin roll hunting thanks to all of you in this website and I did pretty good, enough to keep me searching those boxes at least once a week but towards the end of 07 or beginning of 08 i got skunked heavily with some "dunbar" boxes. After about 5 or 6 or who knows how many boxes in a row of finding nothing I just quit and then the teller at my local bank told me that there was someone else in the area doing the same thing so I just stopped hunting completely.

Now I got some time on my hands and it looks like I might give it a spin but I just wanted to see if any of the old timers are still doing it around here and how much success have you guys had recently? Have you been noticing a decline in good boxes throughout the last year or so?

Bring me up to speed on the world of coin roll hunting!!!

Thanks everyone!

Upvote 0

Silver Stripe

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2007
USA
Re: You guys still finding "color"? Silver that is!

I started July '07, the end of that year was awesome considering my lack of funds. I started '08 doing 42 boxes a week, sometime in August I got burned out and quit for a month or 6 weeks, when I picked up again I lost 12-16 boxes a week. Got a total of 920 oz for the year. This year I do 26 boxes one week and 30 the next (one bank gets coin every other week) and I am about on par with last years totals so the silver is still out there. HH Mark

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan

mountainman 2's Super Dream Box posted today should answer your question.

My meager finds are just enough to keep me keepin on.

Mojo

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro

6 BOXES A WEEK AND IT ALL DEPENDS. LATELY THEY HAVE NOT PRODUCED BUT A FEW WEEKS AGO i WAS PULLING OVER 40 SILVERS TOTAL. EVERY LITTLE BIT COUNT.S

GOLDEN SILVER

OP
OP
E

el_gral

Hey Everyone!

Ive gone through $570.00 face value since posting and ive only got 1 1964 and 2 40% for my efforts but at least its something. Felt akward the first couple of times going to banks asking for halves lol. I got to get used to the funny looks again!

Good luck everyone!!

Shake-N-Bake

Dec 5, 2007

welcome back to the game, the beginning of the year I was doing about 8 boxes a week, after 60+ skunks in a row I had health issues and had to retire, so that is how my luck was with boxes, had rolls produces a few. I like the pennies. By the way that is not a missprint it is 60+ skunk boxes in a row. I was doing it out of spite at the end...

happy Hunting,
Jason

mistergee

Silver Member
Jan 8, 2008
Pennsylvania

By the way that is not a missprint it is 60+ skunk boxes in a row. I was doing it out of spite at the end...
:laughing7: S+B your the most persistant man i know. that made the Guiness Book of Records didn't it? :read2:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions