This is just not right!!!

wirebender

Sep 11, 2007
California
Yeah, a silver, I wonder what year I got!!! Scroll down
web.jpg

I bet someone out there is laughing,, freaking silver plater, this is just not right
web.jpg

Upvote 0

klava

Mar 13, 2007
Them there hills!
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistidor
CC I bet it would be amazing the amount of silver you would have if you spent less time trying to mess with other crhers and less time on this board wasting space with some of the inane and jealous comments you make.

Unless it is the coincrazed bank and trust I don't see how anyone could be "horning" in on YOUR bank. lol

Anyway, my man, keep on rockin' it lmao

-K

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
klava said:
CC I bet it would be amazing the amount of silver you would have if you spent less time trying to mess with other crhers and less time on this board wasting space with some of the inane and jealous comments you make.
Klava, it was your words if you spent less time trying to mess with other crhers and less time on this board wasting space that started me thinking. Remember my buddy Patrick Earl? No one has heard from him in a long time. (I but you thought I was going to say a coon's age) Patrick Earl was the reincarnation of Ben Lee.

What do you all think? IS COINCRAZED the reincarnation of PATRICK EARL?? :icon_scratch:

No ghetto rap but same attiude. ;D

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cyberdan said:
klava said:
Klava, it was your words if you spent less time trying to mess with other crhers and less time on this board wasting space that started me thinking. Remember my buddy Patrick Earl? No one has heard from him in a long time. (I but you thought I was going to say a coon's age) Patrick Earl was the reincarnation of Ben Lee.

What do you all think? IS COINCRAZED the reincarnation of PATRICK EARL?? :icon_scratch:

No ghetto rap but same attiude. ;D

Coon's age....NOW THAT IS FUNNY!!!!!!!

Yes, I remember him. He is still around Dan....he is in the MD forums. I remember the day you exposed him. I saw his face turn red......LOL. Your probably right.....again!! That was so funny. But what was strange was he keep up his charade.....I thought that was kinda weird. Anyway.....who cares??

Remember the old saying....."don't feed the trolls".

OP
OP
wirebender

wirebender

Sep 11, 2007
California
Gosh, there is a lot in conversation going on with this topic. In my area there must be a ton of hunters, as i am finding tons of different marks all the time, but that the first bad saying. there are different color side marks, gold, red, blue, black front marks, numbers on coins, initials, you name it, it's there! I have been doing halfs for many years, but I haven't stepped up the volume until about 5 years ago. My home bank the one that is closest to me I was the only one doing this (ordering) but now there are three people the manager orders for. and the bank that is in the city next to me there about 15 people who get or dump coins!! When all is said and done, to me it doesn't matter how many silver I get, it matters how much fun I had doing this. I am not stressed out about somebody else at my bank or me at their bank. It's just a hobby. Although I know for sure that some of my bank managers don't like the silver hunters that want to make a buck, versus the ones who collect it all, I take it all to heart and enjoy the excitement of not knowing what your getting!!

buffhunter

May 30, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 1000
there seems to be a few "pranksters" out there that are coloring and silver plating half dollars. i have come across several of them, but i always do the ring test just to make sure. i have come across several "S" proofs that look silver, but once i do the ring test, they sound clad. someone is also painting them, but not as good of a job as the silver plate coins. But beware, there are 40% silver coins that escaped the mint during the 1971 to 1979 time frame that were silver.

Attachments

• 77d PCGS struck on silver.jpg
    77d PCGS struck on silver.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 235
OP
OP
wirebender

wirebender

Sep 11, 2007
California
buff,, thanks for the reply,, however this coin did not pass the ring test, weight test also! but that is always good to consider! thanks for the information!!

50centman

Feb 25, 2008
This is better than a John Candy movie! This guy has you right where he wants you. Definitely adds life to the reading. Rich, you have a great sense of humor. The mental picture of the vertically challenged person was something else!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread