This is just not right!!!

wirebender

Sep 11, 2007
California
Yeah, a silver, I wonder what year I got!!! Scroll down
web.jpg

I bet someone out there is laughing,, freaking silver plater, this is just not right
web.jpg

Upvote 0

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree....that isn't right....dirty trick. That bites! May your next hunt be loaded with silver.

COPPER DIME

Jan 12, 2009
Swamp Land's of Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE. Backup/ Whites Classic 5ID
yes been there done that. i pealed back the rapper & i told my self there is a 90%. but then looking closer i was fooled!!
COPPER DIME

Darth Walker

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is very low.

I do include a message inside the half rolls saying "Skunked by Darth Walker" but this was worst.

DW

Darth Walker

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
But looking back I am an edge CRH. You can rally tell it is not silver if look close

DW

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500
got one similar a few weeks ago, it had the silver edge but it was a 1971 and somone wrote on it "not me"

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have something like that happening also iin the boxes I'm searching now. I'm finding lots of 2003,4 and 5 halves. Problem is some id-iot has CARVED an X on the front of each. Absolutely ruined. If the person doing this is reading now, mucho bad karma to you.

OP
OP
wirebender

wirebender

Sep 11, 2007
California
yes, I agree with this close up photo you can tell, but when you first see it, you can't at all. should I put it back in to circulation?

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
coincrazed said:
Dirty little S.O.B. I can't blame him though.I've done that myself.I one time found out from my favorite teller this woman came in and tried to buy $100 in halves.Luckily,I bought them all a few days before,and I took a sharpie and carefully blackened the edges right then and there to look like 40% silver,and wrote on one of the rolls,90% silver jfk half dollars.I then told him to "Give those rolls to that bimbo if she comes back".She actually did,and he said her eyes were real wide when she gave him the money.Boy did she get a surprise,LOL!She never did come back.I wonder why?Too bad.NO ONE,I REPEAT,NO ONE HORNS IN ON THE BANK COINCRAZED'S LOYAL TO WITHOUT HAVING HELL TO PAY!I also have written on halves things like,"Sorry,my man,I got the silver this time." or "Sorry bud,I got the silver".LOL! - coincrazed
Anyone care to add anything except "nuff said"?

HolyDiver

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2008
PA
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
coincrazed said:
Dirty little S.O.B. I can't blame him though.I've done that myself.I one time found out from my favorite teller this woman came in and tried to buy $100 in halves.Luckily,I bought them all a few days before,and I took a sharpie and carefully blackened the edges right then and there to look like 40% silver,and wrote on one of the rolls,90% silver jfk half dollars.I then told him to "Give those rolls to that bimbo if she comes back".She actually did,and he said her eyes were real wide when she gave him the money.Boy did she get a surprise,LOL!She never did come back.I wonder why?Too bad.NO ONE,I REPEAT,NO ONE HORNS IN ON THE BANK COINCRAZED'S LOYAL TO WITHOUT HAVING HELL TO PAY!I also have written on halves things like,"Sorry,my man,I got the silver this time." or "Sorry bud,I got the silver".LOL! - coincrazed

This is one way to give other CRH'ers a bad rap. Way to go. May I suggest you never pull a stunt like this again.

quick-silver

Feb 26, 2009
NY
coincrazed said:

One word.....K-A-R-M-A

wharghoul

May 6, 2009
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD
coincrazed said:

When all is said and done and the last silver coin has passed the hands from teller to hunter...someone will probably take on the task of chronicling this little hobby in book form...and when that day comes, I hope that there is a special chapter written just for you my man, you deserve it. :icon_thumleft:

mountainman 2

Bronze Member
Aug 9, 2006
Extreme Northern NJ
Detector(s) used
whites classic sl,whites surfmaster,garrett ATX,minelab vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've seen silver plated halves and other coins before but most people have more class then to write something like that on it.I agree, not cool.Hope you find a box that's loaded with keepers.
CC, lighten up. Remember(K-A-R-M-A). Be nice!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread