Box and bag search 8/1/09

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
Picked up 3 dime boxes, $166.00 bag of dimes, and a $190.00 bag of nickels to search today.
The dime bags I get from this bank come in all different amounts from $66.00 to $700.00 plus depending on what's available at the time. I probably pick up one of these bags a month. They always produce between 4-8 dimes and I get a Mercury every so often. I could pick up a bag a week but it's a long trip with only one other bank to search on the way. They won't give me half dollar bags but I did manage to get a $1000.00 canvas bag once from them. First handfull produced a Ben and a 40%. Unfortunately that's all there was.
Last dime bag I got only produced 1 Roosevelt which was unusal. I also picked up a nickel bag that they were real happy to get rid of.
Results
The dime bag only gave up 2 Rosies this time.
Had my grandaughter help me with the nickels
Results
1 war nickel. There were alot of pre 60's but I only keep the war nickels and buffalos.
I picked up the three dime boxes in hopes of getting a 2009. I did find the bank where I got the 2009's
Results
box 1=skunk
box 2=skunk
box 3=1 Rosie
Grand total= 1 war nickel and 3 Rosies
Not a heck of a lot, but bags are fun to search. I may pick up a quarter bag from them this month.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread