Road Trip 7/31/09

nyiangelo

Feb 19, 2007
The Lone Star State
Detector(s) used
ace 250/ Minelab SE Pro
Well for the first time I ran out of money..... that's never been a problem before. Usually these small banks only have a handfull of halves. But anyways 300 miles later leaves me with 73 -40% and 2-90%. At one bank I got a full roll of 40's and the comment of " That one almost looks like silver." Another bank I walk into has a sign that states it will no longer take rolled coin from non-customers. Well they ask how many I want , so I say all of them. She states that she has $7,000 worth. :o I took about $500, didn't find anything except a feeling of someones dumps. Last town was Comanche,TX. It held 2 rolls of 40% and 2- 90%. On this road trip I matched my 40% finds for the entire month from boxes. I am debating knocking off some of these banks from my trips. I've been to them before and they never had much. But the reason is I get the vibe from ALL the tellers that they are cherry pickers.

Upvote 0

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
That is strange that they had $7K worth of halves on hand. I wonder why they did not send them with their coin courier. My banks send them out at $1K, sometimes less if the bank does not have a coin counting machine. Maybe a big CRHer dumped them all at once and they have just not been picked up yet?

Jim

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread