Very first bank bag - hooked for good...

myprecious

Aug 2, 2009
Detector(s) used
Whites BHID 300 / Bounty Hunter IV
I've been wanting to try CRH halves for a while and ordered $500 from my bank.
This is crazy easy. Fun and profitable...
Went through them in about :45 mins with my 7 year old son.

4 - 90%s
126 - 40%s
and 2 clad s proofs

and just about filled up a Kennedy book. missing just the rest of the S dates and 1970

how's that for a first go?

Ordered 2 more bags. Hooked good now. :icon_thumleft:

Upvote 0

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
Your right it is crazy easy when it pans out like the way it has for you, but also realize that is the exception. Wait until you have searched and need to dump $8000 and have only yielded a roll of 40% from your efforts. You might want to rethink the "crazy easy" aspect of the hobby.

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
Beginners luck is awesome but you have to have the patience to make it through the long haul of the hobbie. Congrats on the finds.

thurmownator

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
Very good finds; for your first time out. However, with regards to finding keepers, think roller coaster.

If you have the "stomach" for it, not to mention the needed cash and time, go for it. But it isn't for everyone.

STDevil

Jun 12, 2008
Some have said this is beginner's luck - we'll they're right, but in the end, you're the one holding the loot!

You're off to a good start - keep it up!

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
Diver_Down said:
Your right it is crazy easy when it pans out like the way it has for you, but also realize that is the exception. Wait until you have searched and need to dump $8000 and have only yielded a roll of 40% from your efforts. You might want to rethink the "crazy easy" aspect of the hobby.

So true.... :(

Mojo

OP
OP
myprecious

myprecious

Aug 2, 2009
Detector(s) used
Whites BHID 300 / Bounty Hunter IV
okay, okay.
crazy easy in the sense that it's easier THAN metal detecting up that much silver - which around here would take me a hundred years.

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
Hey nice haul for your first box. You may have just had a little good luck or you might be real lucky and be in an area that hasn't been searched hard. If that is so you might get a good run of boxes made up of typical halves run through the sorters from gramps old collections and the twenty year old coin jars collecting dust and not some CRHs weekly $5k worth of dumps that have cycled through over a year or two...like my area from me ;D welcome to the addiction!

Maine_Jim

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
maine_Jim said:
Hey nice haul for your first box. You may have just had a little good luck or you might be real lucky and be in an area that hasn't been searched hard. If that is so you might get a good run of boxes made up of typical halves run through the sorters from gramps old collections and the twenty year old coin jars collecting dust and not some CRHs weekly $5k worth of dumps that have cycled through over a year or two...like my area from me ;D welcome to the addiction!

Maine_Jim

I agree if youre the only guy searcing boxes in your area, you could be in for some good boxes for a spell, till you start getting your dumps back.

Mojo

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent pickup MP!! That is pretty good quality time with you son too....kudos.

I'd hit em hard in your area for a while and see what happens. After a while you should have some indication whether your area has competition. Hit every bank vault that you possibly can & then move to ordering boxes. Good luck and keep us posted.

Two more CRH'ers born....ha!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions