Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: The "Patric Earl Houston" Experience

Thanx for posting that for the people that don't know about him Mojo!

fisher2

Mar 20, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

he's got lj finds but i cant stand the slang

joad

Apr 15, 2009
East Coast
Detector(s) used
White's MXT

that was enjoyable reading! had to read and look at them all! thx. ;D

Yinzi50

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Very funny post and lots of great stuff! Seated, barber, lots of walkers, and commemoratives! His last post is March 2008. I wonder what happened to him?

One post said his real name was Ben and from Atlanta. Which one is correct (Memphis vs Atlanta)?

OP
OP
coinmojo

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan

I am bumping this so everyone can pour through some of his posts.

I posted this after he received some mention recently and many of the newcomers were asking who he was.

I personally enjoyed his wit and humor and thought his slang was refreshing as opposed to some of the truly vulgar rude and inane post by some of the new posters here.

The guy had a love him or hate him style. I'm in the loved him category. You don't have to agree. But I do miss his posts.

Mojo

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Yinzi50 said:
One post said his real name was Ben and from Atlanta. Which one is correct (Memphis vs Atlanta)?
I didn't look at all of Mojos post leads. You may be referring to the post I made in June of 2007. I had some time on my hands so I did a little internet diggin. here is the link to my post: http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,94161.0.html

Enjoy :icon_thumleft:

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008

Silver Stripe said:
Have some respect. Rough life, I figure jail or dead. RIP.

bigcypresshunter said:

I don't know if you guys are joking about this, but Patrick is NOT who you might imagine in my opinion. I cannot prove this with 100% certainty, but I can tell you that "Patrick" is no dummy nor is he what he purports.

I read his posts and every single one displays perfect grammar. That might not sound like much, but it is. Even smart people often do not spell correctly all the time or use proper punctuation. Patrick's is flawless. His use of apostrophes, commas, etc., is perfect. This is hardly ever seen on blogs. It is often not seen in the business world.

Also, a person who speaks in such slang types of phrases does not type them out unless they are trying to be funny or make an impression. Generally, such individuals do their best to write using proper english and fail.

Towards the end of the post he starts misspelling words intentionally to fit his "style", maybe he was trying to dumb down? The early posts are what convinced me.

Just like people who use phrases like "my man" in their posts are probably not who or what you might think they are.

Just my opinions and thoughts.

Jim

Yinzi50

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

cyberdan said:
Yinzi50 said:
I didn't look at all of Mojos post leads. You may be referring to the post I made in June of 2007. I had some time on my hands so I did a little internet diggin. here is the link to my post: http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,94161.0.html

Enjoy :icon_thumleft:

I just read your post. I believe you did an excellent detective work. I guess he might live in Memphis or have a relative lives in Memphis.

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500

he has posted in the today's finds thread a few days ago. i replied to his thread and told him his fans at the coinroll board was asking about him ;D

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

jim4silver said:
I don't know if you guys are joking about this, but Patrick is NOT who you might imagine in my opinion. I cannot prove this with 100% certainty, but I can tell you that "Patrick" is no dummy nor is he what he purports.
I talked with his homey the other day from North Memphis and he told me it is fact that Earl is out and back in biz.. He told me he witnessed Earl carrying coin roll size boxes from his mama's old pink Cadillac into his crib in the projects yesterday.

Attachments

• Jules Winfield.jpg
    Jules Winfield.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 189
  • Jules Winfield.jpg
    Jules Winfield.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 176

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I absolutely LOVE reading his posts, they are very creative and always make me laugh!

Fredness

Jul 16, 2009

jim4silver said:

I read his posts and every single one displays perfect grammar. That might not sound like much, but it is. Even smart people often do not spell correctly all the time or use proper punctuation. Patrick's is flawless. His use of apostrophes, commas, etc., is perfect. This is hardly ever seen on blogs. It is often not seen in the business world.
{snip}
Jim
My thoughts precisely - even slang should contain common misspellings and errors...
I say "poser", not sure why exactly, but entertaining none the less.
i.e.: http://www.statemaster.com/encyclopedia/Project-Pat
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Pat
My guess is a 20 or 30-something, caucasion who likes "Jack-Ass" on MTv

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread