New place to search for silver

Ifyndit

Dec 15, 2007
The Pacific Northwest
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Corte's, Golden Sabre II, Minelab X-Terra50
So this last weekend I went garage sale hunting around my neighborhood and picked up a few goodies. One of my questions I ask is "do you have any coins?" At one garage sale the guy says "yes", goes back into the house and produces a large jar of coins. He says "go ahead and look at them and see if there is anything you want." I start looking through them and immediately find silver. Dimes, quarters, halves, some tokens, and lots of foreign coins. I asked where he got all of the coins and he says he was a manager at Starbucks and these were the some of the coins that were tossed in the tip jar. He said he kept all of the foreign coins but that some managers just throw that stuff away! I walked away from that garage sale with 25 silver dimes, 4 silver quarters, 2 40% silver halves, and one silver Canadian dime, all for $10.

So here is another tip for places to search for silver. Go to your local Starbucks (there are at least 2 on every street corner!) and ask to talk to the shift manager. See if they have any foreign coins from the tip jar you can buy or have (some people think old US coins are foreign coins). You might even be able to purchase the coins from the tip jar for face value with some good old cash.

It never hurts to ask, the worse thing they can say is "no".

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread