Interesting day

joad

Apr 15, 2009
East Coast
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
First thing this morning I go to my community pool to service the vending machines I have there and find a 1960 Quarter in the candy machine bucket as I was transferring change to the change machine...second one this summer. Later in the day I picked up my two Tuesday boxes both of which were skunks. At about 3:30 I hit my dump bank and start my dump. I notice the machine is making a strange noise when I started the motor. I get up to about $950 and the machine locks up tight. The head teller comes to assist me. He opens the machine and moves change bin around and a few coins go on thru, but it didn't fix the problem. I convince him to open the top portion which apparently he had never done before. We notice an internal reject bin that is full of all kinds pocket lint and other garbage. He pulls it and dumps it in the garbage. At that point I notice there are many coins mixed in. I root thru the garbage and pull out a pocket full of mostly small foreign coins. He still can't get the machine to print a reciept so he can pay me and tells me I'll have to come back when the machine is fixed. I told him I won't be leaving until I get my cash! He calls the sevicing company and they walk him/us thru the process of unjamming the machine. An hour and a half later I walk out with cash. 5 minutes to five...I walk into the bank next door and pick up 2 hand rolls which produce 3-64s and 1-90%. Nice fix after that fiasco. Turns out there were 2 silvers in the garbage finds including a 1903 Edwardvs VII threepence and a 1944 filipinas dime. Also a Philadelphia PTC token lots of other neat coins.

Attachments

• 8409 002.jpg
    8409 002.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 260
  • 8409 001.jpg
    8409 001.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 263
Upvote 0

Shake-N-Bake

Dec 5, 2007
Nice finds, you do realize that we are all going to be Coin Counting machine repair men in our next lives, most of us know more about the machines than the banks that own them.

Again congrats on the finds, everything helps.

Happy Hunting,
jason

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
Shake-N-Bake said:
Nice finds, you do realize that we are all going to be Coin Counting machine repair men in our next lives, most of us know more about the machines than the banks that own them.

Happy Hunting,
jason

so true.

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Shake-N-Bake said:

Happy Hunting,
jason
that's a fact!

GMan00001

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2006
Twin Cities, MN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I get a lot of foreign coins from those inside reject slots. I don't ask all the time, but occassionally.

Haven't managed silver yet though. Congrats.

davew0710

Oct 3, 2008
Western Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
E Trac
I always try to include a few "reject" coins in my dump. I have found that sometimes someone else's rejects get stuck and need a little help to be pushed out of the machine. I usually get a coin or two per dump.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread