$100 nickel bag-UPDATE

ronbo22

Oct 31, 2008
Florida
One of my supply banks didn't have any halves (par for the course) but said she had a bag of nickles. On a whim I took it just to give it a whirl. There were no silvers 22 pre 1960 with no remarkable dates. There were two buffalos 1936S(Red metal detector find color) and and undated with a D mintmark. I need to find the nic-a-date. What is your experiences with nickels so I can take "stock" of my success.

UPDATE- Found the nic-a-date and the undated Buff is a 1914-D pretty tough date!

Upvote 0

midnight run

Mar 21, 2009
Re: $100 nickel bag

coincrazed said:
Nickels are ok,but I would do dimes.They're the best bet for consistent silver. - crazed
I hope you were'nt looking through nickels for silver CC......

Cherryman68

Feb 19, 2009
Henderson Tx
Detector(s) used
Whites IV

coincrazed said:
midnight run said:
coincrazed said:
Nickels are ok,but I would do dimes.They're the best bet for consistent silver. - crazed
When I was a newbie I did,my man.That's the only thing I searched,my man.Then Fistfulladirt opened my eyes to dimes and told me how great they are,my man.Good luck,my man - crazed

now your just doing it to be annoying.

midnight run

Mar 21, 2009

coincrazed said:
Cherryman68 said:
coincrazed said:
midnight run said:
coincrazed said:
When I was a newbie I did,my man.That's the only thing I searched,my man.Then Fistfulladirt opened my eyes to dimes and told me how great they are,my man.Good luck,my man - crazed

No I wasn't.I do it to sound unique.
I think you have unique pretty well nailed down. Crazy, hard headed, gay, repetetive "my man", repetetive "my man",VERY slow to learn,you have an alter ego, and you think dimes are the best. Yep. You have unique nailed.

midnight run

Mar 21, 2009

coincrazed said:
midnight run said:
coincrazed said:
Cherryman68 said:
coincrazed said:
midnight run said:
coincrazed said:

No I wasn't.I do it to sound unique.
I think you have unique pretty well nailed down. Crazy, hard headed, gay, repetetive "my man", repetetive "my man",VERY slow to learn,you have an alter ego, and you think dimes are the best. Yep. You have unique nailed.
I'm not gay.I like girls too.I'm just a bit er-ah-eccentric.I enjoy being like that.
I am not trying to be hateful about you being gay,(although I do not agree with it). I was seriously just adding that to the list of things that make you stand out.

Also I was not trying to be a jerk when I made the comment about you searching nickels for silver.
I apologize for being a jerk at all. I should have PM'd you about the way I feel. Now I will stop Hijacking this thread.

Congratulations on the nickel finds!

FingerGrime

Mar 3, 2009
Kentucky
ronbo22 said:
UPDATE- Found the nic-a-date and the undated Buff is a 1914-D pretty tough date!

Nice!!! $80 in G-4. Too bad it's ruined from the nic-a-date. Doh!
Should still have a premium attached to it though.

Sometime I want to get a container of that stuff and figure out the dates on my dateless buffalos.

PS. Pics???

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

midnight run said:
coincrazed said:
Now I'm confused M.R. You didn't know the war nickels have silver? :icon_scratch:

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

enamel7 said:
midnight run said:
coincrazed said:
Now I'm confused M.R. You didn't know the war nickels have silver? :icon_scratch:

Yep I was gonna say "War Nickels" are 35% silver. Oh and I found silver dimes a whole lot more often than I found silver halfs. I averaged 3 dimes per $250 CWI box and maaaaaaybe 1 40% half for $3,000 or $4,000 worth of CWI boxes searched and customer rolls are non existant around me, all the banks run the coins through coin counters (but I haven't searched since like March so it may be better now).

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread