Dump Day 8/7/09

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
I was satisfied with this weeks take on my road trips so I decided to take the day off from CRH.
Nasty tellers, skunk boxes, Canadian coins, the Q&A, and tellers hiding the silver,I can live with. The one thing I dislike with a passion is dump day. Everytime I go to dump I'm always thinking "is this the day that this bank will say,NO MORE''! Of course I spread my dumps between five banks with fast and accurate coin counters,but I am being noticed. Had a machine break down on me last week which tied up some money,and had another bank fill up with dimes. The head teller tried to lie to me and say that the machine was broken and to leave my change with her.
Now I've watched these machines long enough to know the difference between a breakdown and a coin fill up.
The way I look at it if a teller will lie to me, she steal from me too, so there was no way I'm going to leave a $1000.00 with her. Luckily the manager had come in at that moment and changed the bag.
Anyway I was going to put off dumping until tomorrow, but I may or may not want to hit a couple of banks tomorrow. So off I went on a dumperama. Wouldn't you know it the coin machine broke down. ARGHHHH !

Upvote 0

47thelement

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I kinda like the fact that my bank makes me reroll

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
Piercesdad said:
I kinda like the fact that my bank makes me reroll

Thankfully, I have the bag treatment with my halves. But with other denominations, I need to roll. I'm thankful as I need to "launder" my beach zincolns. Also, by "dumping" the smaller denominations at the smaller banks always leads to a "thank-you". I'm able to supply them with enough rolled coin that they don't have to order for a week. It saves them money.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions