Fire at Fed Bank in Baltimore

47thelement

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i just saw something about it on the news this morning. I can't find anything on the web?! They said it was a deisel fire in the basement fire in the Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond in Baltimore and then the gave the cross streets.

That's all I have. Don't now if this will cause a shortage in coins or coin's coming from other locations, keep an eye out for some changes.

Now time for coffee!

Upvote 0

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
paper money is stored at the baltimore fed reserve storage bank * the coins are made at at philly, denver and frisco "mints" --- the real cause --- their printing (and spending) the money so fast that it caught fire ;D :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
47thelement

47thelement

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fed bank not mint. Totally diffent things

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
davew0710 said:
Do you really think they store the money in the basement next to the boilers? Snip your notes next week for that old smokey smell. ;D

If they have the same setup as the Federal Reserve in Jacksonville then the paper is on the 1st floor below ground level. The coin is on the 2nd floor below ground level. The racks of paper that has to be scanned weigh a couple hundred pounds. The coin bins are too heavy. Forklift and hoppers are dumped. More than likely, the boilers are still nowhere near the safe rooms where the coin and currency is handled. For security purposes, you can't have the potential security breach when the boilers are maintained.

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
Ivan's response was pretty dang funny and not completely out of the realm of possibility.

Golden Silver

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread