Number 500 Finally !

FL Junkman

Feb 13, 2008
Florida
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70 and Silver U-Max
I'm not a big time CRH'er but have gone through approximately 75,000 halves YTD. I primarily just buy bags from the banks which come through Brinks. Prior to today, my YTD total silvers was stuck at 495. Went out this afternoon to dump some halves and got into a conversation with the teller telling her that I was working on a set of halves and only needed the 1970. She picked up a few loose halves she had in her tray and started reading the dates out loud as if looking for a 70. The last one she read was a 1968 and I immediately told her I would take that one off her hands. She then said she had two rolls from the same batch that had recently come in and asked if I wanted them. Of course, you know the answer. After getting back home I went through the two rolls and pulled six additional 40% ers. So I'm ending the day with 502 silvers for the year. HH

FL Junkman

Upvote 0

wirebender

Sep 11, 2007
California
I am not trying to start anything with you, but how come I see this all the time from posters. "I don't do this much, I am not big time, I only get 10 boxes per day" AND YOU GUYS ROCK WITH YOUR NUMBERS!! 500 freaking halfs is totally BIG time!!!!! congrats!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions