stopped at the bank again

goldeagle

Jun 28, 2009
THE EAST COAST
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC,EXCAL-II
i went to a td bank in pa up in ardmore,and took all the clad halves back that i got the other day,while i was there the manager says do you collect?i said why yes i was wondering if you had any halves,or dollars she said no they have an agreement with brinks all bags must go to them?she also said an older woman came in today to deposit money old coins she told the woman that the coins were silver and were worth money she said the woman said she doesn't care and the manager pulls out 3 piece dollars 1 was 1921 i was like man can i buy it off you,any how she said also that silver coins are lighter than clad and that's how brinks ships out clad and not alot of silver.man at least they took my clad and were happy to do it.

Upvote 0

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
goldeagle said:
any how she said also that silver coins are lighter than clad and that's how brinks ships out clad and not alot of silver.

This is completely false. Silver halves, both 90% and 40% weigh more than clad.

It has been a couple of weeks, I guess it is time for another Brinks is culling silver thread. :BangHead: :BangHead:

I would rather read CC's crazy posts than see another culling thread. But oh well.

Jim

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro
jim4silver said:
goldeagle said:
any how she said also that silver coins are lighter than clad and that's how brinks ships out clad and not alot of silver.

It has been a couple of weeks, I guess it is time for another Brinks is culling silver thread. :BangHead: :BangHead:

I would rather read CC's crazy posts than see another culling thread. But oh well.

Jim

Awh, now you have hurt his feelings; wonder if he is a "preacher" too like the last guy that had his feelins hurt?

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
jim4silver said:
goldeagle said:

Yup, someone wasn't paying attention during science class in high school. With all things being equal, diameter and thickness of the coin, how could silver ever be lighter than copper/nickel? Print out the periodic chart of elements and ask the bank manager if she could explain this quandary.

nyiangelo

Feb 19, 2007
The Lone Star State
Detector(s) used
ace 250/ Minelab SE Pro
No offense, we are all guilty of it, but capitalization and punctuation would make the post 100 times easier to read. :coffee2:

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please tell me you didn't say you took back the halves to the same bank you bought them. That's a no no. :icon_scratch:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread