Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

wharghoul

May 6, 2009
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD
Nice job :icon_thumleft:

I admire anyone who has the patience to painstakingly go through pennies like that.

Shake-N-Bake

Dec 5, 2007
Nice job on the bag. Is that your norm for wheats in that bag. Up here in NY I average about 18 wheats per box, 36 per bag. Just wondering how your averages are down there. Also I love finding counter-stamped coins. I found Kansas the other day! We should work together to see if we can build the United States :hello2:

Happy Hunting,
Jason

bourassa5

Nov 8, 2008
I average around 16 per box in ct and had my second ever best box today with 97 wheats but keep doing those bags your bound to hit a jackpot!!

OP
OP
enamel7

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm lucky to get 8 wheats in a box down here. I don't know why the numbers are always low. I usually do better on the bags. This one was a little low. I'll get a box this weekend and see if it has improved.

GMan00001

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2006
Twin Cities, MN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Shake-N-Bake said:
Nice job on the bag. Is that your norm for wheats in that bag. Up here in NY I average about 18 wheats per box, 36 per bag. Just wondering how your averages are down there. Also I love finding counter-stamped coins. I found Kansas the other day! We should work together to see if we can build the United States :hello2:

Happy Hunting,
Jason

I started a counterstamped lincoln thread a year or two ago, but it seems everyone lost interest....could be a starting point.

I wish I could have your averages on pennies....Your average per $25 box beats my average per $50 bag.

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
GMan00001 said:
Shake-N-Bake said:

Happy Hunting,
Jason

I started a counterstamped lincoln thread a year or two ago, but it seems everyone lost interest....could be a starting point.

I wish I could have your averages on pennies....Your average per $25 box beats my average per $50 bag.

Yo.. G

Reserect that thred.

I have found a couple but few and far between. I probably found less than 5 and did not report them. I recently found 1 and had to find the rest of the others to put them togeather. so I know where they are now, and I could report them to you.

I also found a couple of ones with the shape of a Cross punched out of it and some Fraternal clubs stamped into them.

Mojo

Shake-N-Bake

Dec 5, 2007
GMan00001 said:
Shake-N-Bake said:

Happy Hunting,
Jason

I have heard my wheat averages up here are pretty good. I get many boxes with 50+ wheats in them and a few with 100+ wheats in them. I guess that is whats really keeps me excited is the good numbers.

When I am full bore hunting pennies I get about 5 counter stamped pennies a month. Maybe when I start back strong again one of us can start the counter stamp thread again.

Jason

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
Here are mine

6 total

Mojo

Attachments

• states2.jpg
    states2.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 190
OP
OP
enamel7

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll try to round mine up so we can get a tally on those.
HH
Gilbert

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread