What do you pay per roll from your banks for halfs. Local banks want 10c PerRoll

asbjunk

Greenie
Aug 13, 2009
My first day collecting, in Bronx NY...

I visited about 10 banks trying to make friends, and I convinced one clerk to sell me her personal accumulated collection out of her "personal draw" she said she was collecting for years. Before I could even offer her $100 bucks for her greenish colored ziplock bag full of greatness she says "Gimi 50 bucks for them all, I know what there worth ya know." so I tried not to smile or smirk in a bad way; negotiated the price down five bucks and gave her $3 bucks for a few dimes and quarter and nickel. I told her when she gets more to call me ill pay you double for each. I paid $48 total.

noname.jpg

Last week I picked up a 1852 gold USD for 5cents.. YES!! 5 cents, some girl headed to college selling off her "junk that her grandfather left her" she must have thought it was fake, most of the crap was fake but the coin wasn't. That's what got me into coins. I had a small collection when I was a kid partially left to me by granpa but I SPENT THEM!! Mostly on video games :(

Normally I am pretty lucky. Getting that women to even show me the stash of 'special' coins took me taking out a big wad of 50's. I also got three two dollar bills all from 1976, one super crispy.

Anyhow, I want to buy a box of $500 half's and every bank wants to charge me something. The cheapest was 10 cents per role from Bank of America. Chase wanted 25 cents per roll!!

How in the world can I get a bank to give me $500 in half's at face value without charging me a per roll fee..? The way you guys talk about picking up boxes of halfs like they are nothing makes me feel like you guys arent paying a fee.

So whats the general consensus on paying fees to buy rolls to sort?

Upvote 0

how u do n

Dec 21, 2008
in my own little world :)
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x Minlab E-Trac Garrett Pinpointer
I do not have to pay any box fee for them to order for me.
And, I personally would "never ever" try and haggle the price down from
what the teller asked. Esp for $2.
But, that is me I would rather pay them for it and then resell it at a nice profit.
In my little mind lol :tongue3: it's always best to keep them happy.
Gl welcome and hh
Dan

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread