Another good nickel box

DrDetector

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT
I've been doing a lot of nickels this month, trying to complete my set of Jefferson nickels from circulation. I have been picking up the pace lately on them so I can hopefully find the 39D to finish the set, and then focus on finding some of the Roosies I need. Today I had a box of nickels that I had a good feeling about. I opened the bottom of it and saw 3 reverses that looked pretty old and worn, one I could see an S mint mark on the back, and there was also a 56 showing. My nickel boxes have been pretty good this month so figured I may have another good one. Sure enough, ended up with 47 pre-60 nickels, a 1925 Buffalo, a 43P, and the 'S' mint mark I saw when opening the box was a 49S, one of the harder ones to find...here in PA at least :icon_sunny:

Also got a few other S mints, and 2 x 1938, which for some reason has been really hard to find this year.

Sitting at 30 war nickels on the year and 7 Buffs. Still no blasted 39D though!

So, in the last two weeks I've nabbed 6 Buffalos, all with distinguishable dates (except the 1913 type 1 which has the unique reverse mount). I think that's more than I got in the last 2 years with dates on them!

picture002-6.jpg

Upvote 0

silvereagle78

Mar 14, 2009
The Burgh PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Whites SilverEagle
Pretty sweet nickels, I'd sell the extras that you don't need for the album and buy a Primanti's sandwich to reward myself :laughing7: :thumbsup:

quick-silver

Feb 26, 2009
NY
those nickel boxes have been really good to you! keep riding the train while you can! my last few boxes have had nothing but older common jeffersons, so keep it up and one day you'll find that elusive 39D

OP
OP
D

DrDetector

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT
My box from yesterday had a 39S in it...got my hopes up when I flipped over the 39 and saw a mintmark...then realized it was the S. Still a good semi-key.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread