mountainman 2

Bronze Member
Aug 9, 2006
Extreme Northern NJ
Detector(s) used
whites classic sl,whites surfmaster,garrett ATX,minelab vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like a teller held out on you Rich. The answer is B of course.I've had that happen a few times to me but i don't like to make waves.

OP
OP
Rich Hartford

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
Nope it hasn't happened to me,at least not that I can remember. It's a hypothetical scenario and a trick question.

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
D

The coins belong to the people, and should be made available to anyone who request them......

Did I pass the test?

Mojo

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
If it is a bank you are not "loyal to" I say fight it out. If it were just one 40%er I would say weigh the situation. You could fight for it or leave it and keep a future bridge in tact.

Golden Silver

myprecious

Aug 2, 2009
Detector(s) used
Whites BHID 300 / Bounty Hunter IV
If i had that issue - i'd grab the manager - make a bit of a stink for the camera (but first be sure it's worth it) and i bet they end up in your pocket. Betcha lose some friends at that branch though.

Darth Walker

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The money on the teller's bin is bank money but the teller just as any CRH can decide
to buy the coins he wants at the end of his shift.

I do not know why they keep them in view because they can just place them out of view.

DW

OP
OP
Rich Hartford

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
He wins one searched $1000.00 bag of dimes. Which is guaranteed to contain 700 foreign coins,8 washers,4 bobby pins, 3 hand rolled wooly-boogers, and several items of an unknown origin. All for just $1000.00 plus P&H.

GPURS

Apr 18, 2007
N.E. of Atlanta
It's obvious that the teller knows about silver coins and has laid a claim to them. Why would you raise hell and make yourself(and other coin collectors) look like complete fools, all for a few bits of silver. Have some dignity and move on :thumbsup:.. Good luck, Gpurs..

OP
OP
Rich Hartford

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
Gpurs,

This was just a hypothetical situation, that was part of a trick question, that I posted in a moment of boredom.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
GPURS said:
It's obvious that the teller knows about silver coins and has laid a claim to them. Why would you raise hell and make yourself(and other coin collectors) look like complete fools, all for a few bits of silver. Have some dignity and move on :thumbsup:.. Good luck, Gpurs..
Why? Well, you must first understand the problems associated with an addiction.

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
Rich Hartford said:
He wins one searched $1000.00 bag of dimes. Which is guaranteed to contain 700 foreign coins,8 washers,4 bobby pins, 3 hand rolled wooly-boogers, and several items of an unknown origin. All for just $1000.00 plus P&H.

I musta got that prize in advance...... :dontknow:

Mojo

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500
when it comes down to it i would have to say that it is the banks money and the teller is put in charge of it. the teller is the gate kepper, and decides which coins go out the gate. anyway that is how i have seen it happen. not worth making waves over a few coins and mess up your relationship with your supply or dump bank(s).

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
gPURS kREEPERS! I would not raise a stink at a local bank and one that you visit often. It could make for uncomfortable future visits. I was refering to out of town banks that you may not see again for a good while. As far as making a bad name for coin roll hunters... there is a way of being polite but making a point. I don't think you should reach across the counter and wring necks.

Golden Silver

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500
golden silver, the banks in your area must be alot friendlier than the ones around here. when i go into a bank anywhere within a 100 mile radius of my home usually the first question is "do you have an account here?" after i say no they refuse to sell me any coins.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread