Silver Ike Found - Proof Half Found - More Half Silver found

Silver Sniper

Dec 17, 2008
I picked up 700 Ikes from a bank and found one 71 S Eisenhower. I thought that this was exciting after hearing and knowing how difficult these puppies are to find. It was nice to see a large coin mixed in w my collection. I looked threw halves and found a 1980 S prrof Half about 6 40%ers and a 64. My plan is for this weekend is to go from bank to bank ordering up any halves I can get. I have shipments coming in form the FED on Tuesday and thurs. Wednesday my day off I will hop from bank to bank and CRH in my car using my GPS and my maps of banks. I have also planned on calling all my targeted banks and see who has what in halves. I feel that if I hit banks all day for 8 hours strait I will land something. Either way Ill post my finds this Fri.

Upvote 0

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
Hey SS.

Before I give advice I'd like to know what part of the country are you in? But I will tell you this

Sometimes calling ahead can tip off the tellers that know about silver and if you call and say gather up all the halves you got and I'll be buy to pick them up later would give them time to discover Silver in their midst especially if there is a silver hawking teller in their midst.

If your in the area or going to the area anyway just pop in, catches em off guard.

I don't know how many times on a cold call I would ask a teller for halves and Big Dollar coins and she says "oh we wouldn't have any of those" and another teller pipes up and says "I got a lot" or a couple of rolls and the teller I asked looks surprised or pissed cause she did not get a chance to cherrypick.

Mojo

Darth Walker

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since I work at a bank I know that tellers do not communicate well among them.

I use the bank I work for as a dump station and I always tell the tellers to re roll the halves I dump and make the rolls look old. I tell the tellers that people will come to ask for halves.

I used several tellers to dump my rejected halves and the other day one of the tellers told me that a person came asking for halves and she gave them away all of them (my rejects).
When I asked the teller if she told the customer that his fellow teller had about 19 rolls in halves she said, "no I forgot".

So one teller can tell you that they do not have any stuff while his fellow teller may have 20 rolls of halves.

When you call the bank some tellers will not even ask other tellers if they have rolls.

Just my 2 cents

Darth Walker

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
Darth Walker said:
So one teller can tell you that they do not have any stuff while his fellow teller may have 20 rolls of halves.

When you call the bank some tellers will not even ask other tellers if they have rolls.

Darth Walker

I know that is why you don't want to call ahead.

Mojo

dasherhunting

Jul 8, 2008
ohio
Detector(s) used
ace 250
coinmojo said:
Hey SS.

Before I give advice I'd like to know what part of the country are you in? But I will tell you this

Sometimes calling ahead can tip off the tellers that know about silver and if you call and say gather up all the halves you got and I'll be buy to pick them up later would give them time to discover Silver in their midst especially if there is a silver hawking teller in their midst.

If your in the area or going to the area anyway just pop in, catches em off guard.

I don't know how many times on a cold call I would ask a teller for halves and Big Dollar coins and she says "oh we wouldn't have any of those" and another teller pipes up and says "I got a lot" or a couple of rolls and the teller I asked looks surprised or pissed cause she did not get a chance to cherrypick.

Mojo
bump

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread