Booyah! Bountiful Bunch of Bullion thanks to Brinks and B of A

STDevil

Jun 12, 2008
Stopped at the local B of A to get some cash. Wandered in, and the wonderful teller waved me over and said my four boxes were in, and then asked me if I would like them to hold them until next week, which is when they said the boxes would arrive.

After the obvious answer, she also handed me an Ike, and asked if I wanted the 17 hand rolls that she amassed over the last few days. Of course, I took them all!

The four boxes were Brinks, with the brown rolls. This was a little unusual, since I usually get Yellow String Rolls; no worries on my part, I just thought it was a little strange.

The 17 hand rolls were skunks. I thought this was a bit unusual for this bank, but that just meant I needed to move on to the boxes.

The first box was a skunk, with several marked coins. Hmm...that's not totally unexpected, but a little stange.

The second box was a skunk also, with several marked coins, and one 2003 proof that someone took a knife blade to. Grrr...those fiends at Brinks better not be culling the silver...I hope I do not get skunked....grrr...

When I opened the third box, I felt better. I saw about 12 rolls that had silver showing on the ends. I set those aside for later, and started in on the rest of the rolls. The rolls started paying out big time. Nearly every roll contained silver, and many of the rolls contained 3-8 silvers each!!

The fourth box payed out also! As I neared the end of the box, I was actually getting tired of pulling the silver out of the rolls (that's sad but true).

In the end, I ended up with 248 40%ers., and 1 90% That's a major score any day of the week. The fact that this is my second "dream score" is pretty cool also. I figure this was someone's collection, or whatever was left over "after they took all of the silver (pre-1965) out".

Part of me wants to run to the bank and order another bunch of boxes tomorrow, but I am sure the rest of this "dump" are already released into the wild.

So this is my second MAJOR score, and I am pretty darn pleased.

Happy hunting.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread