Where will our coins end up?

LastLuke

Tenderfoot
Aug 18, 2009
I was just thinking... There seem to be more Coin Roll Hunters every day. Between all of us, we've gone through millions of coins and pulled out tons of silver. Specifically with halves, what is the ultimate fate of the coins that we pull out? Do you think we (as CRHs) will affect coin values in the future? What about silver values?

Upvote 0

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro
LastLuke said:
I was just thinking... There seem to be more CRHs everyday. Between all of us, we've gone through millions of coins and pulled out tons of silver. Specifically with halves, what is the ultimate fate of the coins that we pull out? Do you think we (as CRHs) will affect coin values in the future? What about silver values?

Well we will save them- put them away for a rainy day or sell them to someone else who will do the same thing; Silver may have industrial uses but doubt much if any %40 & %90 coins will end up there.
So considering this doubt Silver price will move any based on CRH'ers finds- the supply of CHR'ers will run out in time and our hobby will be over getting them this way anyway.

Wrayth

Aug 13, 2009
Sorry for the newbie question here but what does the Acronym CRH stand for exactly?

I am Saving my finds for a rainy day like mentioned above, and well if i never use them future generations may need to. Plus i love the thrill of the hunt.

silvereagle78

Mar 14, 2009
The Burgh PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Whites SilverEagle
Wrayth said:
Sorry for the newbie question here but what does the Acronym CRH stand for exactly?

I am Saving my finds for a rainy day like mentioned above, and well if i never use them future generations may need to. Plus i love the thrill of the hunt.

CRH- Coin Roll Hunting

I do not think CRH will have any effect on values. As for the hobby in general, as long as coins stay in circulation there will always be something to find. True there might be less and less as time progresses but there will always be somebody to cash in coins inherited or found. Remember when silver reached its high in the 70's, people pulled all kinds of it out of circulation. But some (LJ and other silver extremists) still pull them out today by the hundreds today. I know my wife or kid wouldn't know what to do with my collection, to them they are just coins. :-\

Seagates

Feb 7, 2009
LastLuke said:
I was just thinking... There seem to be more Coin Roll Hunters every day. Between all of us, we've gone through millions of coins and pulled out tons of silver. Specifically with halves, what is the ultimate fate of the coins that we pull out? Do you think we (as CRHs) will affect coin values in the future? What about silver values?

Ha, I was thinking about this the other day as well. Perhaps we will pass on and our loved ones will cash our coins in at the bank (it obviously happens more than people think!)

STDevil

Jun 12, 2008
I am taking my 40% ers to the coin shop tomorrow. The pile is mighty nice, but I just don't want them around any more. I have no need for the FRNs, but I am sure I will find something to do with them.

Darth Walker

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You need money, you sell them, the coin dealer re sales them, they come to the wild again, and you find them again.

The fed calls them back and melt them to make American Eagles

DW

Kantuckkeean

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2009
Cornfield, IN
Detector(s) used
F-22, cheapo pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm gonna get all my favorites together, no matter the material, value, country of origin, or year, then seal them and bury them all for some future MDer to find. Hopefully it'll be enough to make the banner!! :headbang:

Kindest regards,
Kantuck

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread