I dont mean to post only the Glory Days........ But I cant contain myself.

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
I don't mean to post only the Glory Days........ But I can't contain myself.

I know I know...... We gotta let the newbies know how hard and grueling this hobby can be. But with a lot of hard work, Lot's of miles on the car, hours spent in the car, and sorting through the piles of coins not to mention the dumping..... it is possible to find stuff....... So here it goes.

Disclaimer! This is the truth. 8)

My 15 box a week habit has not been getting it done! So I had to score big today to convince myself that there is still silver out there, and that my area is not searched out. So it was off to the battlefield.

I drove around for 7 hours. Stopped at at least 40 Banks and Credit Unions. Went through $3000 in cash. 3 separate dumps ( one where I had to get the bin changed out, and interupting my dumps to let little old ladies cash in their baggies of coins) return trips to banks who had to set timers. Back and forth back and forth.

I put on 113.7 miles round trip. Left at 10 a.m. returned home at 5 p.m. to pick up my 2 box order. Not to mention the fact that I was following the trail of another guy who searched the area just yesterday. All I heard all day was "a guy got everything we had Yesterday". So I kept heading into the sunset the first 15 miles of my hunt was ruined by that guy. Except for the C.U. stop. I have an account with a branch of this Credit Union in my area. They will not sell you coins unless you have an account. This is where I hit a good silver vein. right in the middle of the battle field that was blasted yesterday.

I finally started to find some halves about 20 miles into my hunt. I kept on the straight and narrow. Determined to find more. Wile I was in the war zone I bought as many Dimes as I could to fill the void left from the the other Soldier untill I started finding halves again. Than it was Halves and Big dollars exclusively till my last dump and I was on my way home. And then everything was fair game.

Here is the toll from my excursion into enemy territory.

12) 64's
22) 65's
49) 66's
67) 67's
22) 68's
12) 69's

1) 1952 Ben Franklin. Rescued from his captor. (he was busy with another customer and my teller grabbed his lone half in his tray while he wasn't looking.) ;D

7) Rosie's. out of over $1300 in hand rolls.

25) Ike's all clad but the bulk of them were like new, including 5) 1976 type 2's

Total

13) 90%'s 11) from the C.U.
172) 40%'s 165) from the C.U.
7) Rosie's from all over the place.

Of the more than 40 stops I made only 3 produced.

The C.U. had $300 in halves and I also got the bulk of the Ike's from them. This was the big score of the day. It gave me the strength to continue to fight the battle and keep going. I went through those rolls outside my dump bank and a couple were solid silver, others were sprinkled with "White Stripes" and some were literally half/half, one side copper, the other Silver. Most of these, if not all, were like new.

I pulled 4 40%'s from a batch of $150 at another bank. I had to come back for these. So I drove 15 minutes away to a bank off the beaten path. I got the lone Franklin from there (as mentioned above) and returned to get the 150 while waiting out the 20 to 25 minute timer. When I returned to get the $150 the teller apologized emphatically because she forgot to set the timer. :BangHead: ::) So I said "Oh that's OK I'll sit and wait this time. But if you had any Dimes I could keep busy while I wait. She had $300 in hand rolls in her personal stash, which I bought and proceded out to the car to again wait on the timer. I pulled 2 of the Rosie's while waiting.

My 2nd from last stop of the day I pulled 3 40%'s from $27 in loose halves.

Sooooooo....... Anyone discouraged by my story? Cause it's the truth.

Mojo

I got pictures.

Attachments

• big haul.jpg
    big haul.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 464
  • closeup.jpg
    closeup.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 451
Upvote 0
OP
OP
coinmojo

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
Re: I don't mean to post only the Glory Days........ But I can't contain myself.

balnce of the day

Attachments

• balance of day.jpg
    balance of day.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 466
  • 76type2ikes.jpg
    76type2ikes.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 456

nyiangelo

Feb 19, 2007
The Lone Star State
Detector(s) used
ace 250/ Minelab SE Pro
Re: I don't mean to post only the Glory Days........ But I can't contain myself.

That's a great day. Time well spent I say. :icon_thumleft:

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008

VICTORY !!!!

What a story ! What a roadtrip ! Fantastic Photos! Hard work paid off BIG TIME !!!!! :thumbsup: Mojo you are a great hunter, and a great writer as well.
Keep em coming

OP
OP
coinmojo

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan

Rich Hartford said:
VICTORY !!!!

What a story ! What a roadtrip ! Fantastic Photos! Hard work paid off BIG TIME !!!!! :thumbsup: Mojo you are a great hunter, and a great writer as well.
Keep em coming

I knew you'd be able to relate to this..... As well as the rest of the Road Warriors. Thanks for the kind words.

Mojo

Darth Walker

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

CoinMojo,

Great story, I feel all beaten up and tired by just reading it.

How much did you spend in gas?

DW

OP
OP
coinmojo

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan

Darth Walker said:
CoinMojo,

DW

I drive an "American Made" car (Lordstown Ohio) that get's 25 in the city and 32 on the highway... So around 4 Gallons... $10

Darth Walker

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

So then that makes your story greater.

Good writting and good strategy. I am not at that level. I never look more than $300

My wife will kill me and then divorse me if I dare to do that

DW

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008

coinmojo said:
Darth Walker said:
CoinMojo,

DW

I drive an "American Made" car (Lordstown Ohio) that get's 25 in the city and 32 on the highway... So around 4 Gallons... $10

Uh oh, not the "Buy American" deal again. ;D I still gotta say my Lexus rocks!! My lease expires soon and the next one I get is gonna have the high end stereo (Mark Levinson system?) or whatever it is in it. I had a loaner recently when my car was being serviced that had one and it was the best sounding system I ever heard.

With the bad economy and crappy sales I should be able to get a good deal.

Jim

OP
OP
coinmojo

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan

Don't get me started Jim...... I'm having a good day.... :icon_sunny: :wink:

Mojo

Kantuckkeean

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2009
Cornfield, IN
Detector(s) used
F-22, cheapo pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Congrats Mr. Mojo. I'm sure glad that your efforts paid off! You are a first class CRHer.

Kindest regards,
Kantuck

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008

coinmojo said:
Don't get me started Jim...... I'm having a good day.... :icon_sunny: :wink:

Mojo

I'm just messin' with you Mojo! Great score with the silver today. :hello2:

Jim

silvereagle78

Mar 14, 2009
The Burgh PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Whites SilverEagle

This is a MOTO story if I ever heard of one, Thanks! Sweet finds!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

wharghoul

May 6, 2009
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD

Wow, fun day! I'm glad to see a grinder like yourself get your just rewards.

Also glad to see you get the itch out of your system before the next camping trip. :laughing9:

OP
OP
coinmojo

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan

silvereagle78 said:
This is a MOTO story if I ever heard of one, Thanks! Sweet finds!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Glad you enjoyed it. I was in a good mood when I wrote it.

wharghoul said:
Wow, fun day! I'm glad to see a grinder like yourself get your just rewards.

Also glad to see you get the itch out of your system before the next camping trip. :laughing9:

I'm still wondering how much silver I missed out on that trip........ Especially after a day like the one above.

Mojo

Cherryman68

Feb 19, 2009
Henderson Tx
Detector(s) used
Whites IV

Get them while you can my friend, get them while you can... I close on my home equity loan tommorow and I get my "play money" back. Then it's all mine. MINE I TELL YOU< MINE!!!!!

Sorry I'm jonesing.....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread