Ordering Halfs

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For the past week I have been looking for a bank that will order 1k in halfs for me. Every bank I have contacted so far has resisted. Most say that they dont order coinage which I know is bull. Most excuses are they dont have room in their coin vault to half dollars are no longer in circulation. :icon_scratch: Funny I got about $40 dollars worth this afternoon.

I finnally convinced one bank to call their carrier and ask them for it. So far so good. She came back on the line and said they could order them and I placed my order... She said they would call me when they came in. :headbang:

CRH has gotten me so worked up its all day dream about during the day and dream about now at night. I gotta get my mind on something else.... :help:

Any advice out there dealing with these banks? I am amazed at how unimformed most people are that work at these places...

Upvote 0

d2arcing

Bronze Member
Jun 22, 2009
work as a teller... i am tempted to ask for a part time job to order myself... and then dump myself too, this is a big head ache and so addicting. just keep searching finally found a nice bank that will order, and they did the whole calling thing too, but i don't want them to call... more work for them... now they got my number on like their desk... no need just tell me delivering day... my new bank don't ask me 100 questions so i am very happy, even got a big guy to carry my 4 boxes...

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
You just have to be persistant like you were. There are more banks out there. It helps to have an acoount and talk directly to the Vault teller.

Hope you got your dump bank in line.....

Mojo

OP
OP
AGCoinHunter

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been thinking about the dump bank thing and reading as much as I can on this forum. I will open a couple of checking account at some close by banks just for that purpose. Instead of dumping them all at once I am going to break up the lots and spread them across different banks. I am in a major metro area so hopefully I can spread them out enough not to get too many of my searched ones back. Might even hold back some and when I travel out of the area find a bank where I have an account and use that for dumps.

Got a full time job so part time teller work won’t work out.

Any other advice is welcome :tongue3:

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
AGC, In my experience there are a lot of smaller banks that don't order coin. It also depends on how much customer coin they get in. If that bank does not delve out a lot of coin to retail stores then they have a lot of customer roll on hand. They do not order. If you want banks that order try the larger ones like BOA, BBT, Wachovia...etc.

Golden Silver

mountainman 2

Bronze Member
Aug 9, 2006
Extreme Northern NJ
Detector(s) used
whites classic sl,whites surfmaster,garrett ATX,minelab vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some banks may also hesitate to order because they think you may return the rejects to them. Assure them that you won't bring them back when you ask about ordering.

mistergee

Silver Member
Jan 8, 2008
Pennsylvania
CRH has gotten me so worked up its all day dream about during the day and dream about now at night. I gotta get my mind on something else....
if that is a picture of you in your avatar, i don't see the problem ;D

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mistergee said:
CRH has gotten me so worked up its all day dream about during the day and dream about now at night. I gotta get my mind on something else....
Well AG Coinhunter's profile says he's a he so unless he just had a major operation i'd say that he's a he and not a she. Nice pic though.

Fredness

Jul 16, 2009
mistergee said:
:laughing7:

Best advice I've read is getting to know the Vault Teller/Manager. Paid off big time for me in just a couple weeks. Be nice, polite, and don't visit too often (I stop at this branch once a week). I was up front and told him I'm a coin collector (true) and was building a Kennedy Half book (true), anything else is TMI (silver, CRH, etc.). I also tell him that I have another use for the remaining coins (Not that it was dump them at another bank in another area), so he'll never see my returns.

mistergee

Silver Member
Jan 8, 2008
Pennsylvania
Well AG Coinhunter's profile says he's a he so unless he just had a major operation i'd say that he's a he and not a she. Nice pic though.
well then if he's a he and he knows her (avatar) then i really don't understand why he has nothing else to think about. ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread