Broke my streak of Roosies!

DrDetector

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT
I had been on a long stretch of finding only silver Roosevelt dimes, in fact it was 85 in a row, since my last Merc. I found a '43 Merc yesterday ending that streak. Later that box I found two silver Roosies, so the streak currently is at 2. My question which I will pose to the forum here, is what do you all think this streak will be?

To clarify, how many Roosies do you think I will find crhing in a row before I find a silver U.S. dime minted prior to 1946? If someone guesses it correctly, I will award them with a free silver Roosie! Yeah, fun, free silver :hello2: Well...not for me.

So lemme see those guesses! Remember I'm already at 2 so it has to be higher than that, and you have to get it right on.

YTD total: 135 total silvers, 125 roosies, 5 mercs, 5 silver canadians.

Current streak of silver roosies: 18

One guess per user, please.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
D

DrDetector

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT
Silver Stripe said:
phrostie said:
I already guessed 13 so go Phrost yourself somewhere else. Mark

Seriously laughed out loud on that remark...yeah I saw that, I just figured I'd ride it out and see if he changed his guess. Now that my vacations are over this year I have a decent plan to make my 365 goal.

Silver Stripe

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2007
USA
DrDetector said:
Silver Stripe said:
phrostie said:
I already guessed 13 so go Phrost yourself somewhere else. Mark

Seriously laughed out loud on that remark...yeah I saw that, I just figured I'd ride it out and see if he changed his guess. Now that my vacations are over this year I have a decent plan to make my 365 goal.
Well good luck to ya, maybe you'll find one of them solid silver rolls to give you a boost.
HH Mark

OP
OP
D

DrDetector

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT
I have found numerous solid silver rolls...in fact I have found a roll of 22 90% silver halves before, and a few w/ 21 90%ers...so solid silver rolls plus a few for free. Also have nabbed full rolls of Wheats, once got a roll of 55 Indian head cents (for 50 cents), full rolls of pre-60 nickels, a solid silver quarter roll (mostly Standing Liberty), but have never once got a solid dime roll. Best I think I have had is 2 in a roll. They are just so steady here for some reason. Got 13 in a box of dimes last year, so haven't even had a really amazing box. 2nd best box had 5 earlier this year. I would like a few boxes w/ 10+ to boost my totals but it's just not happening.

OP
OP
D

DrDetector

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT
Alas, no winner this time! The correct answer was 18! Just found a '44 Merc today in a roll, and that broke the streak of 18. Maybe I'll have another contest soon.

davew0710

Oct 3, 2008
Western Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
E Trac
DrDetector said:
Alas, no winner this time! The correct answer was 18! Just found a '44 Merc today in a roll, and that broke the streak of 18. Maybe I'll have another contest soon.

I said 15......doesn't close count :dontknow:

OP
OP
D

DrDetector

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT
davew0710 said:
DrDetector said:

Sorry...when it comes to free silver you gotta be right on! Plus Kentuckkeean and Lastluke were only 1 away at 17 and 19 respectively.

Kantuckkeean

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2009
Cornfield, IN
Detector(s) used
F-22, cheapo pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dang. I was sure hopin' for that Roosie. I've only got one in my collection (I think it's a '63) that I picked up a long while back in some change (before I was CRHing). I don't have any Mercury dimes either. I don't do dimes, but may start until I get a Merc. I'd been thinking about trading here for a Merc but I can't get myself to give up any of my coins and they're definitely more fun to find. Heck, I can still remember the exact moment that I found my only silver quarter (also before CRHing).

Kindest regards,
Kantuck

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
Hey Kantuck, You do dimes and you will most certainly come across a merc before long. Good luck.

Golden Silver

Kantuckkeean

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2009
Cornfield, IN
Detector(s) used
F-22, cheapo pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, I'd thought about it, but I've been kind of worried about machine shortages. Do you buy boxes, bags, handrolls, or all of the above?

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
Kantuck,

I buy boxes, bags, and handrolls of dimes. I get most Mercs in boxes, next in bags, and lastly in handrolls(only one so far)
If you buy in 1000.00 lots it is pretty hard to get skunked on dimes. You always get something.
Boxes have given me my oldest dimes as well. Like everything else it is a crapshoot. I've seen someone get a handroll that had 50 Mercs. Personally I've never gotten more than three silvers in a roll. Did get a box once with 9 Merc's, 1 Barber,and one Rosie. I've skunked on boxes,skunked on small bags a couple of times and nearly skunked on handrolls yesterday. Also with all three you can and will get foreign coins,all with the exception of a very few Canadians will be non silver.

davew0710

Oct 3, 2008
Western Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
E Trac
DrDetector said:
davew0710 said:
DrDetector said:

Sorry...when it comes to free silver you gotta be right on! Plus Kentuckkeean and Lastluke were only 1 away at 17 and 19 respectively.

Thanks to the modify button, my answer is now 18!!!!! :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread