So who made the swith (ebay to ioffer)?

Jimmy@romega

Dec 4, 2008
rome, ga
I just set up an account for ioffer and selling some of the smaller price items on there instead of ebay. If you don't know what's up with ebay then check out their new YES YES their newest FEES. They went to 8.75 to 12.00 plus a 1-2 dollars extra. Something like that plus an increase on insertion fees so there's no way I can sell a half dollar for 2-3 bucks and turn a profit. Ioffer is free to post and doesn't cost until the item sells Im givin it a try to see how it goes. I will still sell on ebay on bigger ticket items like a full box of pennies (new ones like the 3rd edition) something that can sell for 200.00 plus.

Upvote 0

alpha105

May 19, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That site has to be so fake........im looking at a 1795 flowing hair dollar on that site for $75......pcgs shows it at worst grading level at 1200........

DrDetector

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT
Jimmy@romega said:
I just set up an account for ioffer and selling some of the smaller price items on there instead of ebay. If you don't know what's up with ebay then check out their new YES YES their newest FEES. They went to 8.75 to 12.00 plus a 1-2 dollars extra. Something like that plus an increase on insertion fees so there's no way I can sell a half dollar for 2-3 bucks and turn a profit. Ioffer is free to post and doesn't cost until the item sells Im givin it a try to see how it goes. I will still sell on ebay on bigger ticket items like a full box of pennies (new ones like the 3rd edition) something that can sell for 200.00 plus.

Wait what? I'm a powerseller on Ebay and I have no idea what you're talking about. What costs 8.75-12.00 plus 1-2 dollars extra?

DAS7NY

Jun 6, 2008
Wtf are you guys doing? :icon_scratch: Making your auctions pop up in big bling gold font? lol :D I mean really, when I list something on ebay, they maybe take a dollar away from me that's it. You go with the cheapest package. What are you doing? :icon_scratch:

packfan_1982

Jun 22, 2008
Omaha NE
Detector(s) used
F70 / ACE 250
I do believe that ebay did raise the % that they take from the final sale amount. Couldn't tell you the exact number but it certainly seems like they are taking more from me than they used to. Not to mention paypal getting their share as well. Oh well its still probably the best place to sell some silver coins.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread