CRHunters Road Warriors. How do you do it?

Darth Walker

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You CRHunters Road warriors have always great stories to tell. Many of you even post pictures of roads and country views. I enjoy all that a lot.

My question is. How do you do it? Is this your full time job. I barely have time during my lunch time to CRHunt due to my work duties.

Are many of you retired after many years of hard work? I know that this can be profitable but this hobby does not give to pay all bills.

Darth Walker

Upvote 0

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
Currently unemployed.

Try to squeeze in road trips on the wife's day off, and she take the kids to the mall or something.

Mojo

47thelement

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I work for the schools. I'm off work at 1:30pm during the school year and during the summer...well enough said there. Sorry don't mean to rub it in.

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was wondering the same thing DW. I work full time so its really hard to get out and ask for rolls. I usually head out on my lunch hour and on Saturdays. Some of these guys have to be retired.

CaptainRobin

Mar 14, 2006
The Peach State
Detector(s) used
Whatever it takes to get the coon.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm retired from the military X 10 years. I stay close to home most time, but IF I have to travel, I'll stop at any and all banks in towns I go through and ask for coin.

I get a lot of "Do you have an account with us" but I occasionally get "We have a bunch in the vault" and the teller is estactic that I'll take them all.

It's just a roll of the dice. All they can do is say "No"......

Robin

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
I'm a very old, and somewhat senile retired person. I'm so old that I had a difficult time carrying four boxes of halves a city block. I was winded and my spindley legs were shaking !
So these days, in the autum of my life, I spend my time searching for silver coins, that I spent with reckless abandon in my youth.

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
Rich Hartford said:
I'm so old that I had a difficult time carrying four boxes of halves a city block.

Really? LOL :headbang:

I'm not sooo old but 3 box limit imposed here, if someone holds the door and the car is parked right outside the door.... :dontknow:

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
That's because you don't know the trick Mojo. Grab onto the door with your right pinky,open it just wide enough to wedge your right foot in and kick it open.

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
Rich Hartford said:
That's because you don't know the trick Mojo. Grab onto the door with your right pinky,open it just wide enough to wedge your right foot in and kick it open.

And boy don't I know it....

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haha, you guys crack me up. :laughing7:

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
I am in the Navy and work a weird schedule that switches from days to nights every two weeks. I have a few days off in between and usually do road trips then. Lately the wife is requiring more us time :dontknow: so I have not gone on any trips. Later this week maybe.

Golden Silver

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread