Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2009
Cornfield, IN
Detector(s) used
F-22, cheapo pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy all,

I've been searching penny and nickel boxes lately with no great success, so I haven't posted lately. All-in-all, there seems to be a good deal of potential here in my new town. I don't think that there are any other CRHers here, and I've never gotten the "Do you have an account with us?" question and had to leave empty-handed. Once I got the question, but told them that I'd just moved here and hadn't closed my old accounts yet, and I got out with the halves. The tellers here are willing to check the other tellers' trays and drive-through when they don't have any or enough in theirs. Every time I've asked about a machine, it's been emptied for me if they have one, and a teller at a bank that I don't yet have an account with even volunteered to order halves for me since they didn't have any, so hopefully I'll be posting more soon.

Anyways, my wife and I were heading to a family event at her parent’s place yesterday, so we hit two random banks on the way to try our luck at half hunting again. We didn't have much time, as we had left our town at 4 o'clock, and we had someplace to be, so we could only hit the two. It worked out pretty well, and I may plan a road trip for Monday as there were many banks that we passed. The first bank had 4 dollars in the trays, and I could see a silver edge, so I bought those and said that I was hoping for $100 worth. I asked if they had more in the vault or a counting machine that I could buy, and she said that there weren't any in the vault, but she checked the machine. They emptied it after much discussion about how to do that accounting and I got $25 more. Out of the $29 we got:

3-90%ers all 1964
5-40%ers 1966-1968

At the second bank, I asked to buy halves and the teller didn’t have any, so she immediately asked the others. A teller at the drive-through had $1.00 and the other teller had two rolls, so I said that I’d take them all. I paid for the two rolls, and that teller said that it would take a little time to get the other four rolls out of the vault. She went to get those and I paid for them and then asked about the $1.00 worth that were in the drive-through tray and bought those as well. I’m glad I did, since one of them was a 40%. Out of the six rolls, only two were skunks, and one had 12 silver. Here’s what we got from the second bank:

6-90%ers, all 1964
17-40%ers, 1965-1969

So it was a pretty good day, with 31 silver keepers. Here’s a photo of the day’s score, with the silver arranged by date (1964 on the left).

IMG_0093.JPG

Kindest regards,
Kantuck

Upvote 0

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions