Sack of a Lifetime

gtlfindings

Jan 11, 2007
ny
Detector(s) used
TESORO DeLeon
Been out of the game for a while,I got a call from my credit union after about 3 months of not hearing from them...They had a bag of halves from the machine finally filled...Went and picke it up and looked through the plastic and saw a shiny silver edge peeking at me..So I was glad this bag was not going to be a skunk....Put the bag on the floor of my car and looked at it again and I saw Mr. Franklin looking at me through the bag...I got excited about that!! I couldnt wait to open er up but I waited til I got to work about 6 hours later.I would open them on my break at my desk....The bag sounded alot different then the ones Ive gotten in the past...I sliced the bag open and took the first handful a 40%er! next handful a Ben and a 40!! This was going to be the best sack of all!! Almost every hand ful had a silver in it!! Total for the sack...
2 walkers,11 Bens,19 '64 kens, 122 40%ers 3 silver roosies and $7 and change in assorted clad coins!!!!! What a score!!
29.83452 ounces of silver in this haul!!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
gtlfindings

gtlfindings

Jan 11, 2007
ny
Detector(s) used
TESORO DeLeon
The cool thing about this counter is that its old and the reject is actually the half bin!! Besides the roosies I get regular clad( some are crusty and bent) but also every piece of hair ,dirt, lint ,watch batteries, hair pins and other gross stuff Thats why I dont search them at home they're filthy!!!!! LMAO!!! But still worth it!!

OmegaMan

Dec 9, 2007
Excellent score. congrats. :thumbsup:

I don't have coin counters out this way
Are they $500 or a $1000 per bag?

OP
OP
gtlfindings

gtlfindings

Jan 11, 2007
ny
Detector(s) used
TESORO DeLeon
My credit union has $1000 per bag, Capital One bank counter holds $500 x 2 and TD only holds $100 I never dump at TD!!!! LMAO!!!!!

OP
OP
gtlfindings

gtlfindings

Jan 11, 2007
ny
Detector(s) used
TESORO DeLeon
Nice The TDs by me have a little cut down bag hanging inside ...Wish they had a bigger sack!! LOL

mountainman 2

Bronze Member
Aug 9, 2006
Extreme Northern NJ
Detector(s) used
whites classic sl,whites surfmaster,garrett ATX,minelab vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
gtlfindings said:
Nice The TDs by me have a little cut down bag hanging inside ...Wish they had a bigger sack!! LOL
Yeah, they do that so the half bag doesn't block the return chute.Nice bag,btw.

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro
Outstanding!

Recently found a Bank that gave me a bag of loose Halves $300 worth, it too had 7 Walkers & a Ben. Now that I know what to ask for will be going there again.

47thelement

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
very nice & welcome back!

OP
OP
gtlfindings

gtlfindings

Jan 11, 2007
ny
Detector(s) used
TESORO DeLeon
LMSO (Laughin my Sack Off!!) Nice one TT!,
I hope to stay in the game after being out of it so long...Missed everyone here on Tnet and the great post by all!!!!!!!

mistergee

Silver Member
Jan 8, 2008
Pennsylvania
great to have you back GT....nice score :thumbsup:
you used to use TD though....i remember. ;D we were getting beat on the dimes.
you and Mountain are the only other ones that i see on here that know about them. but i'm definitly glad your both on the other side of the river. even if it means it cramps my style on expanding my area. :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread