What are your favorite coins to search through (and favorite coin in general)?
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    jp
    Aug 2009

What are your favorite coins to search through (and favorite coin in general)?

I personally like pennies, as you almost never get a box of crap. Halves would be nice too, if I could find them. The walking liberty half is my favorite coin...sorry if this is in the wrong section, by the way.
    CRH 2009
    Wheats: 300 something
    IHC:1
    40% Kennedy's: 5
    Buffaloes: 4
    War Nickels:11
    V Nickels: 1

us
    Aug 2008
    NJ
    Tracker IV and Ace 250
    34 times

Re: What are your favorite coins to search through (and favorite coin in general)?

I like searching nickels and pennies the most. I think my favorite coins are war nickels; they were the first silver coin I found.
    Proletarier aller Laender vereinigt euch!

us
    Nov 2008
    2 times

Re: What are your favorite coins to search through (and favorite coin in general)?

Discovering clad dimes and halves in boxes. I've never been skunked once while searching for these.
    2011 Finds
    6x War Nickels
    1x Buffalo Nickel
    1x Mercury Dimes
    66x Roosevelt Dimes
    2x Canadian Dimes
    0x Washington Quarters
    15x WLH
    12x Franklin
    46x 1964 Kennedy
    161 x 40% Kennedy

Charter Member
    us
    Dec 2008
    St. Augustine, FL
    1991 times

First, let's all agree that we search boxes of cents. We aren't in England. We don't have a penny. Sorry, just a small pet peeve. I know the boxes are labeled pennies, but it doesn't make it right. Anyhow, the cents I enjoy searching as that is how I started my coin collection at 9. The halves can be rewarding, but very frustrating when you hit a skunk run. Sometimes, it just isn't worth the hassle and I take a break from halves, but the itch returns. Dimes are another favorite as they are easy and lightweight. Been filling glass cigar tubes for some time.

us
    Apr 2009
    Cornfield, IN
    F-22, cheapo pinpointer
    1519 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Howdy Mr. Weston, fellow CRHers,

I like pennies....er.....cents. I like nickels too. I think I like the nickels better though, not so dirty. I want a buffalo nickel. I'm pretty sure that that the buffalo nickel is my second favorite American coin after the incuse quarter eagle/half eagle (not much hope of finding one of those in circulation though). I've never done a box of halves, although I may start soon.

My wife likes searching through the halves. Her favorite coin in general is the Walking Liberty.

Kindest regards,
    Kantuck

us
    Sep 2005
    Indiana
    Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
    438 times

Nickels, dimes, and halves when I can get a hold of hand rolls, occasionally cents

HH
    -GC

us
    Mar 2009
    Kentucky
    3 times

Re: What are your favorite coins to search through (and favorite coin in general

Nickels are my favorite. I like dimes and pennies about the same. I don't have much luck getting a hold of halves.

ps. pennies pennies pennies pennies pennies pennies pennies

us
    Apr 2009
    Clarksville TN.
    Minelab SE Pro

Re: What are your favorite coins to search through (and favorite coin in general

We like searching for Halves in Boxes & cold calls on Banks; in 5 months the wife & I have acquired in excess of 2300, approx 150 are %90's. Yes Skunks are at times common, worst run have had was 12 in row. we usually get 6 or 8 boxes per week.

us
    Mar 2009
    The Burgh PA
    Minelab Explorer SE, Whites SilverEagle
    4 times

ALL OF THEM !!!! No really, I enjoy nickels because I never seemed to get skunked and you can find a little bit of silver and CENTS or PENNIES, Oh heck lets call them PENTS (just kidding Diver_Down), because they have alot of errors and varieties. And there is never a shortage of copper to keep out of the rolls.

Charter Member
    us
    Feb 2008
    Great Lakes State
    dirtfishing
    3982 times
    silver surfing
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Dimes/Walkers ffd

Oct 2007
    Hampton Roads, VA.
    bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
    88 times
    Banner Finds (1)

I love the halves and dimes. I will search pennies and nickels on occassion. Favorite coins would have to be anything with lady liberty (mainly standing lib, walking lib, merc)

Golden Silver

us
    da book worm--researcher

Feb 2007
    callahan,fl
    delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
    3625 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)

for sorting anything that can have silver in it --- I like all the older coins -- they had style and the art work is nice --todays coins stink when put beside the old stuff --and I will not say what I think of zincolns --since this is a "family forum"

aq
    Jul 2009

Halves for searching,
    Morgans and Trade dollars are my favorite.
    Halves Only.
    2009: 47,411 halves searched (1,185lbs, .59 Tons): 93 - 90% (.19%), 258 - 40% (.54%), 10 - "S" (.02%).  71.79 Troy Oz, 5.98 Troy Lbs.
    Goals:  Near term: $100 face 90% Halves
    Long term: $1,000 face 90% Halves

us
    Mar 2005
    Vegas
    439 times

Pennies and nickels, they take me back to my youth.

"Cents" may be accurate and official Diver_Down, but the term has drawbacks in clarity.

Look at the following statement:

"I have seven cents in my pocket."

That could be a nickel and two one-cent coins or simply seven one cent coins.

But if you say...

"I have seven pennies in my pocket."

...you know exactly what I've got. You also know I'm not a rich guy.
    MOVE THE COINSTAR FINDS THREAD TO THE COIN ROLL HUNTING FORUM!

us
    May 2009

halfs are my favorite to search

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links