goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello, finally got a hold of some nickels. The bank said they bagged an enormous amount of coin- out of $1000 in pennies they found two indians. Out of the nickels, they said they got no buffs and said that I should just buy the coins I wanted. Silly teller, it is the hunt! So I got $200 in nickels from that bank and $50 from a normal pickup bank. Going through the nickels, I got a buff $20 in. A nice pace of pre-60's was broken by a roll of unciruclated early 60's, some pre-60's, and 3 buffs. Then I got another roll with the above and 5 buffs, a war nickel, and a 1954 canadian. The rest of the rolls yield two more wars and a 1941 large s. But the highlight was a nickel with a nice chunk missing from a clipped planchet. The pennies were poor save for two things- a 1913 and another error. This is my wierdest. It appears that the coin flipped over and got the "United" from the back on the front, slipping out so that the other side looked normal. I almost missed it during my wheat check and saw it right as I began to reroll it!

HH
-GC

Attachments

• IMG_4759.JPG
    IMG_4759.JPG
    80 KB · Views: 287
  • IMG_4760.JPG
    IMG_4760.JPG
    93 KB · Views: 285
Upvote 0

Kantuckkeean

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2009
Cornfield, IN
Detector(s) used
F-22, cheapo pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice herd!!! I like that penny error too.

Kindest regards,
Kantuck

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find! I've never seen one with the reverse side before. :icon_thumleft:
HH
Gilbert

kestrelia

May 9, 2007
If I'm looking at your picture correctly, I think your penny might have post-mint damage. It looks like the text is incused from another penny, not in relief from the die.

B

OP
OP
goldencoin

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
kestrelia said:
If I'm looking at your picture correctly, I think your penny might have post-mint damage. It looks like the text is incused from another penny, not in relief from the die.

B

Well, all the letters are facing the right way. If it was struck with another penny, the letters would have been the other way

HH
-GC

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread