CRH day one

tmcvicar

Aug 12, 2009
So I live in a pretty densely populated area where I figured, since there is a bank on just about every corner, I'm set up nicely. Took all the change we had laying around the house, sorted it and found:
-3 walking liberty's halves (1941, 1941, 1943)
-1 40% kennedy half (1969d)
-1 silver quarter (1948)
-1 silver roosevelt dime (1964)
-2 buff nickels (1925,1928)
-1 indian head cent (1895)
-a couple hundred pre 82 memorial coppers
-about 2 dozen wheaties
a handful of foreign coins and tokens

also took $653.13 in assorted change to one of my local banks that has a free change counter and opened an account. When my atm card was activated a few days later I took out 500 and went to all the banks within 2 miles or so (5 diff banks) looking for halves. I got 16.50 in skunk clads from one teller and was greeted with confused looks at all the other 4 stops. Hmmmmmmm........ I thought this would go smoother.

Since the bank I opened the account at was very friendly, I guess I wont use that as my dump bank as planned and will go over and ask about ordering a box or bag of halves from them tomorrow. Have to find a different branch to use as my dump.

Pretty typical start I guess.

Upvote 0

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You had all that in your lose change? Its not every day that all that is just sitting around in a change jar. I would say its a pretty good start. :headbang:

OP
OP
T

tmcvicar

Aug 12, 2009
Had a big water jug full of several years worth of change. I think the walking liberty's came from my father's stash and wound up in the jug during a house move. I know he had a bunch more in his old cigar box, god knows where they went when he passed.

coolpix9

Bronze Member
Jan 17, 2007
Primary Interest:
Other
Don't forget to make a donation to another forum member. Karma is a wonderful thing to have on your side. Sounds like you are well on your way to stardom. Congrats. Jim

One thing you might try if you have a lot of banks close by is to let your fingers do the walking. Call the banks, ask for the vault teller, and tell them what you are looking for. They will find coins for you.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread