I want to buy from a teller 3 silver halves. Any suggestions?

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
One of my main coin stores was offering to buy 90 percenters for 4.75 today. If I were you I would use round numbers and not some odd combination like 9.56.

If the teller thinks you are not offering enough, let her/him go someplace else. I would have offered 8X face on the 90s and no more. I don't really care much about non silver proofs (although I have saved a bunch of them for my collection), so I cannot say how much I would offer for that coin. Non silver proof sets are dirt cheap, so I would not ask much for it.

I would not act too interested. The person who wins in any negotiation is the one who has the power to walk away from the table. Trust me on this.

Jim

OP
OP
Darth Walker

Darth Walker

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Jim4silver,

Coolpix you are very generous. I do not think I want to buy them at $12.50.

Well, I will see how I can negotiate it

DW

65gt350

Mar 6, 2007
California
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Toltec 100
DW,

I would let them go. I think you will have to over pay if you continue. You already broke my favorite rule of negotiation. Never be the first to set a price. I think you would have been better off asking how much the teller wanted.

Better luck next time.

HH,
65GT350

cmhoose

May 2, 2006
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett
coinmojo said:
$10 tops But if she really wants to keep them than no fair amount will suffice.

Exactly. Also, some people have trouble realizing the real value of a coin, and then expect you to pay top dollar for it. Like 65GT350 said, I would also just let them go. Keep hunting and you will find them for face. I have already found 4 or 5 '63 Franklins this year alone. As a matter of fact, the last Franklin I found was a 63D. They aren't as rare as you may think.

Good Luck.

cmhoose

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
I'd pay $9.50 for the 2 Bens and leave the clad proof. The only way I get those is if I find them CRHing, and then they cost me $0.50. Dropping that coin out of hte deal and keeping the price close to what it was might get them for you. I woldn't pay more than 9.5X face though, and that is what $9.50 is for $1 of Bens.

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I rarely pay more than 8x face, sometimes 9x face.........I buy silver from my craiglist ads all the time at 8x

OP
OP
Darth Walker

Darth Walker

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank You All for the ideas.

Lets see what how it goes

DW

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
I'd tell her that the proof is way too valuable for me to purchase, and offer her face fo the silver.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread