Tales of a Beginning CRHer....

nicholaswb

May 6, 2009
Hey!
I had the chance to visit my local bank today, and cleaned them out of the $60 in halves that they had. Among these coins were 5 2009P half dollars. I have a feeling someone who banks where I do is being hit hard by this economic crisis, because I keep finding newer NIFC coins there. I found a 2008 Sacagawea a few months ago at this same branch. Other than these, I found a whole roll of Bicentennials (boring!) and a 2001 where the lettering near the edge appears to be lightly struck, leading me to believe it's an error coin. That's about it, no silver this time.

While I was picking these up, I ordered my first box of halves, which will come in next week! This bank places/receives cash orders three times per week, so she'll order my box tomorrow and it should be in mid next week for me to pick up. My tellers are pretty nice, even though I make them go into the vault pretty much every time I come in. They even took my phone number so they could call me when my box comes in!

Anyway, that's my little story for today. I can't wait for my box!!!

Cheers & HH,
Nick

Upvote 0

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro
Thought some may find this interesting:

TAXES- just so you know
Is 'Friending' in Your Future? Better Pay Your Taxes First
By LAURA SAUNDERS

Tax deadbeats are finding someone actually reads their MySpace and Facebook postings: the taxman.

State revenue agents have begun nabbing scofflaws by mining information posted on social-networking Web sites, from relocation announcements to professional profiles to financial boasts.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB125132627009861985.html

OP
OP
N

nicholaswb

May 6, 2009
Forgot to mention... I had to tell the tellers how much a box of halves was worth! I guess it was because this was a new branch and they had never ordered them before :) I just thought that was kind of funny.

On another note, I'm pretty sure these tellers are cherrypickers, because I have never found silver at this bank, either at this branch, or either of the two that closed when this one opened. They just don't know about NIFCs, it would seem!
The only time I have found silver was in the till where I work ('64 quarter) and at the CU in the grocery store next door (3 40%ers).

I've been waiting all summer to do some serious hunting, and haven't been able to due to other obligations, and now I'll be back in school before my box comes! Oh well, I guess it'll give me something good to do over labor day weekend!

Cheers and HH,
Nick

Mercury63

Oct 20, 2008
let us know how you do with that box. I just did two boxes tonight and only had 1 40% ken, but the last few boxes before these I pulled a few Walkers and Bens and a decent amount of Kens.

OP
OP
N

nicholaswb

May 6, 2009
I will definitely report my finds!
I'm fairly sure that this bank uses brinks, but I'm not sure because they won't tell me. :(
So I don't know if I can expect too much if its brinks, but we'll see. Hoping for the best!

Cheers and HH all,
Nick

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread