How often do banks tunr you down?

ronbo22

Oct 31, 2008
Florida
When you say "turned down" do yopu mean they have the coins and won't give them toy you or they don't have the coins?

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hardly ever. One even asked me if I had an account and I told them no. They asked why I dont bank with them and proceeded to sell me halfs. Most dont give a crap if you bank there or not. I found a bank with a coin machine to dump into and felt like I should open an account since they are going to be getting a hell of a lot of clad... Plus they gave me some cool stuff to open it.

OP
OP
BurnedSpy

BurnedSpy

Aug 22, 2009
ronbo22 said:
When you say "turned down" do yopu mean they have the coins and won't give them toy you or they don't have the coins?

When they won't sell you them.

alpha105

May 19, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No bank in my area will order unless you have an account.....my main bank....now my dump bank charges 11cents per roll.....fortunatly i have found a free bank that will gladly sell me a box and full/partial bags

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
Yea I get turned down sometimes. I suppose everyone who CRH has experienced this. No big deal just move on to the next bank.

OP
OP
BurnedSpy

BurnedSpy

Aug 22, 2009
Rich Hartford said:
Yea I get turned down sometimes. I suppose everyone who CRH has experienced this. No big deal just move on to the next bank.

its not sometimes, its like 75% of the time.

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BurnedSpy said:
Rich Hartford said:

Are you returning the coins to the same banks or just the ones you're not "loyal" to? ::)

OP
OP
BurnedSpy

BurnedSpy

Aug 22, 2009
enamel7 said:
BurnedSpy said:
Rich Hartford said:

Are you returning the coins to the same banks or just the ones you're not "loyal" to? ::)

No. I use a free coin machine in a bank i don't buy from.

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BurnedSpy said:
enamel7 said:
BurnedSpy said:
Rich Hartford said:

That's good. Just give them time to get to know you. Or you could see about opening a savings account. You don't need to have much in most, and then they can't say you aren't a customer.
HH
Gilbert

RPG

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2009
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Silver Umax, Compadre, Vaquero
BurnedSpy said:
enamel7 said:
BurnedSpy said:
Rich Hartford said:

I don't CRH but if I did and was turned down, I would go ballistic.

Why would a bank not sell you coins. That's what they're there for. If I go in a bank needing a roll of quarters and they won't give them to me, I'm going to raise hell.

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
You will get turned down now and then. Usually they just tell you they don't have any coins. You can push them but you will likely get junk. Move on, next bank is just down the road!

Maine_Jim

TxTim

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2007
Texas
Detector(s) used
DFX & SE
maine_Jim said:
You will get turned down now and then. Usually they just tell you they don't have any coins. You can push them but you will likely get junk. Move on, next bank is just down the road!

Maine_Jim

10-4

joad

Apr 15, 2009
East Coast
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
I pretty much steer clear of "you must have an account" banks, but these are few and far between. I have one bank that orders boxes for me and I don't even have an account there.

mistergee

Silver Member
Jan 8, 2008
Pennsylvania
the only reason i have been turned down is for not having an account. HOWEVER, one bank where i found all those unopened rolls of Frankies, the business teller who gladly sold them to me, turned me down the following week when i tried buying some rolls of dimes. :icon_scratch:
even if i've been turned down, i have succeeded to acquire coin at the same bank on a different day with a different teller. one bank has a bank manager that will give out nothing unless you have a business account. when i see her i never even go in. but when she's not there the other tellers take good care of me and have even opened up the counting machine for me. ;D
i would go back and try again on a different day. at worst all they can say is no. and if you go often enough they will start to recognize you and just assume you have an account with them. ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread