Brinks/Loomis/Etc. Boxes

nicholaswb

May 6, 2009
Hey all!
I'm trying to figure out which courier my bank uses. They won't tell me, but I want to find out.
I was wondering if anyone could post a picture of a Brinks/Loomis/CWI/Garda/Dunbar half $ box, or one from any other couriers your banks use.
I know another branch of this bank uses loomis because I saw the truck there, but both of my dump banks (for the moment) use loomis, but in the boxes of pennies the rolls are in plastic and stacked sideways, and I thought that was how brinks did it.
I want to know because I'll be opening a second checking account at a local institution soon (I'm with a large national bank at the moment) so I can have access to a coin counter for CRH. My current main bank is great about ordering, but they don't have coin counters in my area.

So if you have pictures of half $ boxes/rolls or any denomination that you know which courier it came from, can you post them so myself (and other beginners) can know which service their banks use.

Thank you and HH all,
Nick

Upvote 0

dasherhunting

Jul 8, 2008
ohio
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Got a box from garda last week thought id switch it up it was a brinks box though delivered by garda.

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
I have heard from some posters on here before how their bank won't say what courier company they use. I cannot understand why a bank would take such a stance? There is absolutely no security threat in saying what company they use. I could understand them not wanting to say WHEN the courier comes to drop off stuff (even though all my buy banks tell me about what time, so I know when to come by and get my boxes--such as sometime after 2:00pm, etc).

Where I live, the half rolls will be in Brinks paper wrappers that say Brinks. If dimes, pennies, nickels, etc, they are in clear plastic, see through rolls.

The banks here that use Garda have yellow and white CWI rolls for halves, don't know about other coins.

Dunbar here uses generic looking $10 halves rolls, and once when I got some dimes they were paper rolls that said Dunbar on them.

Most of the time in my town from what I have seen, if one branch uses a particular courier, so will the other branches from that same bank. This may not be true where you live however.

Jim

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500
the banks in my area would not tell me either. they all acted like it was some great big secret. to figure it out on my own i narrowed them down on the delivery day. on that day i just waited near the bank to see which service came in. there are 3 different armored car services that deliver in my area. the best boxes in my area come from guardia by far although some of them come in dirty, open, and or damaged. the second is loomis. with those i find that they are totally hit and miss. you either get alot of silver or you get nothing at all. and last is brinks. most all of them are skunks, but it might be my own fault because i dump 12K a week on a bank that is serviced by brinks.

cmhoose

May 2, 2006
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Here are a few pics of halves boxes. The first box is CWI delivered by Garda in my area. The bottom box is Brinks delivered by the same.

Attachments

• Boxes 001.jpg
    Boxes 001.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 526
  • Boxes 002.jpg
    Boxes 002.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 495

cmhoose

May 2, 2006
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Dimes - Top Brinks, Bottom Garda:

Attachments

• Boxes 003.jpg
    Boxes 003.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 651
  • Boxes 004.jpg
    Boxes 004.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 504

cmhoose

May 2, 2006
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Cents - Top Brinks, bottom Garda:

Attachments

• Boxes 005.jpg
    Boxes 005.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 512
  • Boxes 006.jpg
    Boxes 006.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 456

cmhoose

May 2, 2006
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett
nicholaswb said:
the boxes of pennies the rolls are in plastic and stacked sideways, and I thought that was how brinks did it.

Yes, my Brinks cents and dimes come in clear plastic wraps that you can see through.

And if the banks won't tell you what carrier they use, just figure it out stalker style. LOL!

Attachments

• stalkerstyle.jpg
    stalkerstyle.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 826
OP
OP
N

nicholaswb

May 6, 2009
Thank you!!!
My half box is supposed to come in on Wednesday, I think, so I'll report what happens.
I do hope it's brinks, so I can continue to use the same dump banks.
But I don't yet know what courier my future dump bank (that I'll use once I open an account with them - their coin counter charges a fee to non-members) uses, so I'll have to ask them.

Thanks again and HH,
Nick

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions