Punishing the greedy tellers

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
I remember long ago there was a lady merchant teller who controlled all the coins at a bank and hoarded all the silver. I hated these people who have silver showing and won't sell at least some of it. Don't show it and tell people no. I then punished her by ordering halves from other banks and sending all my dumps there. I even would have handrolls that I wrote "S" on the outside be sent there. She asked me once what the "S" meant silver? I just said I don't know and just wanted to cash them. She just looked like she was very upset after I sent boxes there. Most people are indifferent but she seemed really upset like as though she had to look through the ones I sent in because she was a CRH fanatic. After a while.. she was no longer there. The branch was replaced by nicer people. Now, I no longer send my dumps there since they are nice there. It's the only BofA I don't send dumps. Wow.. I really enjoyed the look in her face when I brought in the dumps.

Upvote 0

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
You should have tried to work out a deal, like a 50-50 split of her finds, u paying face value. Or else, they get dumped on. ffd

OP
OP
SFBayArea

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
One of the new people there gave me a Frankie she saved. She didn't care if it was silver and she knew it was silver.. real nice so I no longer dump there. Dumping may be the best way to get back at a bad branch with an attitude. I pay $10.00/month for my BofA account so I should get something out of it.

JJtheRollHunter

Aug 2, 2009
I called a Chase about 6 miles away from me today. They said they had a customer rolled roll of halves. I asked them to look through them and see if they had any pre-70 halves (I never say Silver). They said that the were very busy and could not look through them as it would be too much trouble. I told them it was just 20 coins and they still would not do it! Talk about lazy. I'm going to call them back tomorrow and threaten to dump $500 on them as much as possible. I'll bet all the half dollars in that roll that they will look through them then.

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
JJtheRollHunter said:
I called a Chase about 6 miles away from me today. They said they had a customer rolled roll of halves. I asked them to look through them and see if they had any pre-70 halves (I never say Silver). They said that the were very busy and could not look through them as it would be too much trouble. I told them it was just 20 coins and they still would not do it! Talk about lazy. I'm going to call them back tomorrow and threaten to dump $500 on them as much as possible. I'll bet all the half dollars in that roll that they will look through them then.

You must be joking? You want them to search the rolls for you?

While you are at it, why not ask them to carry the boxes out to your car for you. :icon_scratch:

Jim

d2arcing

Bronze Member
Jun 22, 2009
jim4silver said:
JJtheRollHunter said:

You must be joking? You want them to search the rolls for you?

While you are at it, why not ask them to carry the boxes out to your car for you. :icon_scratch:

Jim

LMFAO

but I get car service... they volunteered though

Shake-N-Bake

Dec 5, 2007
JJtheRollHunter said:

I really, really hope you are kidding!!! If not you really have issues. Think about it from the tellers point of view. That teller is now going to wonder what is so special about pre '70 halves, and when they find out they are silver, "which they will now" you will never get another silver from that bank. And I dont know how it is there, but tellers change banks here like they change there under wear here, so when that teller transfers to another bank, all the tellers there will now know about the silver. You have completely crossed the lines with that request...

Jason

capy325

Apr 9, 2008
JJtheRollHunter said:
The end is near...

OP
OP
SFBayArea

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Yeah.. that's a bit too much.. Don't draw any attention to the silver thing. Just ask how much they have in the vault and pick up the vault coins. Be nice to the places that you get coins from and be indifferent to the places you dump. No one likes dumpers but you can thoroughly punish them by dumping a bunch if they tease you by showing and keeping them in your face.

Cherryman68

Feb 19, 2009
Henderson Tx
Detector(s) used
Whites IV
Guys take it easy on JJ he is only 13. We need to teach him not belittle him.

JJ

There is a certin code of conduct and just right way to act when enjoying this hobby. I suggest you read the top thread in this section and follow it to the letter. Don't and you will never find silver and ruin a good thing. Please feel free to PM me with any questions.

Michael

OP
OP
SFBayArea

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Just a side note.. not to be sexist but does it seem that it's the female tellers at banks that don't like getting dumps or deal with bulk coins period? Most guys don't care if they came in or not. The female tellers usually have that "oh great.. look at what the cats dragged in" look when they see them. My guess by nature women just don't like to have to lift heavy & bulky things.

Cherryman68

Feb 19, 2009
Henderson Tx
Detector(s) used
Whites IV
No they just took a job where they thought they could be lazy and gossip all day. Then they get all mad when someone expects them to work.

And I would think more men tellers are trying to climb the ladder while more women just want a pay check % wise.

packfan_1982

Jun 22, 2008
Omaha NE
Detector(s) used
F70 / ACE 250
If all the tellers know about silver then what is the point in asking them to look through them? If they open it they'll just take the 90%ers and may or may not even tell you about the 40%ers. Everybody's point is that you shouldn't be asking them to look through coins for you. If they know about silver they'll take it, if they don't they will figure it out, and its just going to annoy the tellers so they're willingness to get coins for you is going way down.

People aren't assuming anything about you other than the fact that you mishandled this particular situation regardless of the circumstances.

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
Cherryman68 said:
No they just took a job where they thought they could be lazy and gossip all day. Then they get all mad when someone expects them to work.

And I would think more men tellers are trying to climb the ladder while more women just want a pay check % wise.

Sorry Cherryman but I would respectfully dissent. Yes I have encountered some lazy tellers, but I also encounter lazy grocery tellers and people in other occupations. Most of the tellers I see now bend over backwards to at least act like they care and want to help. Maybe they don't like CRHers sometimes because they don't like changing the coin machine a bunch of times, but at least most of them where I now go are helpful and smile and do what they are supposed to do.

I think in this instance JJ (albeit a 13 year old kid) is the one whose attitude is not where it should be if he expects a teller to search a roll of halves and report to him what is inside (or what is not inside), then when said teller refuses he gets mad and says he is gonna dump at that bank for revenge (I take this from the words in his post and do not ASSUME anything beyond that).

Young or old, I gotta call a spade a spade as they say.

Jim

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
JJtheRollHunter said:
I do not have issues. First of all, my dad knows a teller that used to work at this Chase and pick out all of the Silver for himself and train other tellers about Silver. There is a new idiot teller that works there and is lazy and does not care about 40%ers. She cares only about 64s and before. She thinks 40%ers are not worth much and a waste of time. Wrong. They are in her possesion and I asked her. I hardly ever go to this bank, and she will probably find out sooner or later. To be honest, I really don't care. This is the ONLY bank I ever call and ask that question. So don't sit there and say I have issues. You are assuming, and when you assume, you are ALWAYS wrong.
Is it just me, or does this sound familiar?

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
enamel7 said:
JJtheRollHunter said:
I do not have issues. First of all, my dad knows a teller that used to work at this Chase and pick out all of the Silver for himself and train other tellers about Silver. There is a new idiot teller that works there and is lazy and does not care about 40%ers. She cares only about 64s and before. She thinks 40%ers are not worth much and a waste of time. Wrong. They are in her possesion and I asked her. I hardly ever go to this bank, and she will probably find out sooner or later. To be honest, I really don't care. This is the ONLY bank I ever call and ask that question. So don't sit there and say I have issues. You are assuming, and when you assume, you are ALWAYS wrong.
Is it just me, or does this sound familiar?

Coincrazed has not been around here in a while. Anyone believe in reincarnation?

Jim

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread